PDA

View Full Version : YFZ Fuel consumption??

jlhughes750
04-06-2004, 01:11 PM
just curious if Y'all have been keeping an eye on how much fuel your suckin down.

I run Harescrambles here in Pa. we generally run for 1.5 hours. The track we ran at the last few weeks was flat out and fast.

With a pipe,rejet and K&N, I used just about all of the 4.0 gallons in my IMS. There was enough left to ride the quad from the trailer to the shop...barely enough to fill that small pocket where the petcock is!!!

We are planning on running the 6 hours at Rausch so I have been keeping alot of notes about fuel mileage,jetting and how they relate to each other.

Is anyone going the entire GNCC race with out refilling???If so whats your jetting??

Thanks for the info!!
later, J

I heard the winners of the 12 hours each ran a tank of gas through the bike before switching, by my calculations that was probably every 1.5 hours or so?????

Pappy
04-06-2004, 01:15 PM
i went thru 2 tanks just playing around two weekends ago. they suck fuel like a fat girl with a coke:grr: 1.5 hours is about its limit IMO

04-06-2004, 01:20 PM
the guys at the 12 hour race said they were making it about an hour and 45 minutes each rider. that would be cutting it real close. i wouldn't try much over 1.5 hours. I know we were not putting a full 2 gallons in every three laps witch is about 45 minutes or a little less.

Kennethyfz450
04-06-2004, 09:01 PM
when i rode in tenn.. every chance i had i got on it , but it was only for a few seconds at a time and two of my buddies one with a griz and one with a 500ho both said we went 20 miles and i didnt hit reserve yet.. but i was really close...

the 400ex i had was a whole lot easier on gas.. or maybe i just didnt ride it hard enough...

BUCK442
04-06-2004, 09:31 PM
Corked up tighter than Bob Dole in Jamaica mine made the entire AM race at NC without hitting reserve. 4 laps at 9.? miles each

Wingnut
04-06-2004, 09:52 PM
I use 3.5 to 4 gallons every GNCC even with a stock engine.

WillVallATV
04-15-2004, 10:10 AM
What kind of fuel are you guys running , we were burning about the same amount as most of you were and we changed to the ULTIMATE 4 (98 motor octane) and now we are burning about a quarter tank in a day race , 2 practices, 2 motos (8 lap)

The quads are running really good .... If you get the chance to run some Ultimate 4 try it ..... it helps

brazilian rider
04-16-2004, 05:43 AM
`guys and what could hapen if I fill it up with a 89 oct gas?

WillVallATV
04-16-2004, 09:48 AM
Hey Brazilian,
Nothing will happen , it will still run but you wont have the same performance and fuel consumption (burns more effiently) we have tryed several race fules to see what gave us the best performance.. KandS 120, was pretty good, we just cut it with super ... the best for us has been Ultimate 4 (VP race fuel). Its expensive but worth it ..and it wont harm anything , ie, carb seals, etc. .....

NTPRacing#19
04-16-2004, 12:29 PM
the yfzs suck down fuel worse than a twostroke. thats because they need fuel to make the power they are, thats the way high revving 40+ hp motors are. the only kind of cure for it is gettin the IMS or whatever big tanks there are.