PDA

View Full Version : Whoop building ???s

jst
04-06-2004, 10:49 AM
I have a fairly large track in my back yard/field and want to put in some whoops this year.I have a small dozer (350) to work with. My questions are,how deep should they be,and how far apart should they be?The track is used for MX practice.I would like the type of whoops that w/right amout of speed(say very fast 2nd or 3rd gear)you just skim the tops of them.I ride a Cannondale and most of my friends ride 400EXs.We will have an occasional 90cc mod but the track is primarily used for larger quiads.

04-06-2004, 11:24 AM
make them so they are comfortable to you...

Adrenalinerush
04-06-2004, 11:37 AM
when i build my whoops i preffer a rubber tired machine to round the out after you build them but a dozer will alwasy work

jst
04-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Adrenalinerush
That was my plans as well,we have some good sized deisel tractors to roll them with

Jumbo747
I want to make them correct and challenging,something to work up to.I don't want to be able to blitz thru them in the first week.I want something somewhat difficult but not ridiculous.I always tell my kids "if it were easy,everbody would do it or nobody would care because it was too easy."But thank you for your input.

DangerousDean
04-06-2004, 12:10 PM
why not try to make them the same as at your local track , that way when the races come around u can smoke everyone through them :devil:

or jsut tkae from the ones at the track, and make them steper and deeper :)

rider250ex
04-06-2004, 12:14 PM
i say make a few sets differents heights and widths so if you go to a track with different whoops than your home track you will have an idea on how to get through them faster...just my thought