PDA

View Full Version : FMF Megamax broke

dirtmomma
04-06-2004, 08:20 AM
Oh man when I took my exhaust off last night to tear it down, I knew that where the pipe & canister meet there was a crack but I unbolted it & it just about fell totally OFF!!! The WB on our 400 is the same way :confused: I'm wondering if it's because of our wet weather around here cuz everything rusts LOL. Looks like that what happened pretty much, just wondering if this has happened to anyone elses Megamax or FMF I know it has w/ the WB. So Ron took it to work w/ him so he can weld it back up. ;)

K_Fulk
04-06-2004, 09:02 PM
It happend to mine and quite a few other peoples. Get ahold of fmf they will probly replace it. They did mine.

HondaMan222
04-06-2004, 10:27 PM
a friend of mine's FMF broke, and they just went and got it welded

dirtmomma
04-07-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
It happend to mine and quite a few other peoples. Get ahold of fmf they will probly replace it. They did mine.

Hmmm never thought of that but I'm not the original owner?? I know it's only been on there about 1 1/2 yrs,

KC yeah Ron took it too work w/ him & welded it up, not the prettiest LOL but hey it's fixed :) gotta be better than it was!! I jut need to take the dremel & clean up the weld a little but heck you probably can't notice it & it's not a show bike thats for sure hahaha