PDA

View Full Version : Getting a new Car!

Natertot426ex
04-06-2004, 12:03 AM
So I am going up to Washington to get our new (to Us) car this weekend. It is a 87 Ford Tempo with only 54,000 miles on it. It is my wifes grandma's car. We are getting it for next to nothing. Here is the thing. My wife said I couldn't have a new quad until she gets a new car. Does this constitute as being a new car? She really wants one of those Ford Escapes but holy heck those are expensive...

QuadJunkies
04-06-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
So I am going up to Washington to get our new (to Us) car this weekend. It is a 87 Ford Tempo with only 54,000 miles on it. It is my wifes grandma's car. We are getting it for next to nothing. Here is the thing. My wife said I couldn't have a new quad until she gets a new car. Does this constitute as being a new car? She really wants one of those Ford Escapes but holy heck those are expensive... KEY WORD~~~~~ she said............NEW CAR......no quad for you......:o :p

Brad
04-07-2004, 02:01 PM
tempos rule!:blah:

Natertot426ex
04-07-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
KEY WORD~~~~~ she said............NEW CAR......no quad for you......:o :p

You didn't have to be so hard on me. I guess you are right though:(

JLanphear
04-07-2004, 06:30 PM
KEY WORD~~~~~ she said............NEW CAR......no quad for you......:o :p

Yeah but it's "NEW" to her :p

blondie69
04-07-2004, 06:33 PM
If your gettin it right cheep, why don't u still buy it, then sell it for more (if it's good enough to sell for more) then buy a newer car for your wife if she wants a new car??:)

Big400EX
04-07-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
If your gettin it right cheep, why don't u still buy it, then sell it for more (if it's good enough to sell for more) then buy a newer car for your wife if she wants a new car??:)

Who would want to buy that truck though.:o :huh

CowsBitePeople
04-07-2004, 09:56 PM
get the car and go surprise her with your new quad u picked up when u got the car:macho

QuadJunkies
04-07-2004, 11:48 PM
You didn't have to be so hard on me. I guess you are right though:( Im just givin ya chit Nate.......;) Go do some Kissin up:D :devil: .....Who knows...:cool:

RMX500
04-08-2004, 12:46 AM
you're playing russian roulette with a ford tempo..

btw you gotta lay down the law bro.

QuadJunkies
04-08-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by RMX500

btw you gotta lay down the law bro. I must admit..Tempos have had ther fair share of issues. I hope the deal is a steal.......;)

andrew360
04-08-2004, 01:17 AM
I must admit..Tempos have had ther fair share of issues. I hope the deal is a steal.......;)

Dude, don't beleive the hype. If it's a good deal, buy it and drive it till it's dead; or trade it in, or resell it and turn a profit. I carpooled with an O.G. for years who drove a rickety-***** tempo, and it never let us down once (this was a 50+ mile round trip).

btw you gotta lay down the law bro.

I don't know about you guys, but I pay most of the bills, mortgage, and car notes in my house, and I'm not trying to lay down any laws on my lady.... safe to say this fella probl'y isn't married.......;)

RMX500
04-08-2004, 01:56 AM
safe to say i'd never end up in a marriage buying a ford tempo for a car and having the wife tell me i can't buy a quad.

QuadJunkies
04-08-2004, 11:32 AM
safe to say i'd never end up in a marriage buying a ford tempo for a car and having the wife tell me i can't buy a quad. Doh!!!:o :p
I know both of these people,and trust me.....She is a sweetie ..I think Im pretty safe saying there decision would come mutually not her telling him what he can or cant buy......;)
Nate~~~~~so...........is she gonna get you get a new quad???:blah:

Natertot426ex
04-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Ok everyone settle down.:D We are getting this car because it is next to nothing. Plus the car she has now just needs to go. I really don't need a new quad quite yet. Mine still is working just fine for everything I do. This car just has to get her through school and then she will start working. Then I will buy her a new car! Plus things are tight till she does start working. I am the money maker so All the money choices are pretty much mine. I know what we can and can't afford!

QuadJunkies
04-08-2004, 11:56 PM
I really don't need a new quad quite yet.

sure you do.......:D if she offers...DONT SAY NO.....:blah:

Natertot426ex
04-09-2004, 12:28 AM
I have way too much money in mine to get a new one right now. I am getting closer to spending a whole bunch more on it as soon as I get the ok. We are selling the minivan and I am looking at buying some new nerfs and a new clutch and maybe a few other things:D We will see how things go. I guess I would love to have a new quad though.