PDA

View Full Version : Engine probs. , Please Help.

fooracer
03-12-2002, 05:41 PM
I have a 2000 yamaha blaster and last weekend at our local track my bike just stalled when I landed a table top. When I start it it idels just fine but once you give it some throttle it boggs out and dies. We removed the carb. and looked inside but everything looked fine I also looked at the reeds and there was nothing wrong there either. I'm assuming its that its got to have something to do w/the fuel system. Note: we removed the oil injection system when my top and bottom end was replaced about 5 months ago, also you might want to keep in mind that my ran out of our regular oil that we mix in the gas and he used about 1oz. of our leftover yamalube. Do you think it would make that much of a difference.Thanks
:confused:
Brad

Sparky416ex
03-12-2002, 05:47 PM
ill tell you whats wrong with it it's a yamaha!! lol well my 300 was doing same thing. I did everything and then figured out i had water in my gas tank. The water will float to the bottom. Its more dense. So try draining ur tank.

fooracer
03-12-2002, 06:10 PM
No Joke! The bottom and on that bike gave out after it was only a year old. I know poeple with 86 250r's that are just now replacing their stock bottom end. I really need to move up to a 400ex, Honda's the only way to fly.Once I save up enough cash of course.
Brad

03-12-2002, 06:56 PM
If you determine that it is not your fuel system, I had a friend that had the same problem. After we redid the bottom end we found that we didn't torque the fly wheel right and sheared the fly wheel key. It would idle fine, but would not rev.

Hope this helps!

fooracer
03-15-2002, 03:13 PM
Well, I tried the gas idea but it didnt work. Our mechanic said that Water will do that Because it seperates the chemicals. He also said that the Super M that the other guy told us was better it that same freaking thing as yamalube.
Did your friends bike not throttle from the time you put the flywheel on because my worked for several months before it had this problem. I guess i'll go back in the garage and keep trying to make it run right, maybe the prevouse gas in the float bowl hasn't burned up yet. Thanks for everything.

Brad
P.S. Im so sick of yamahas!!!!:mad: