PDA

View Full Version : "O" I'm sooooo excited

dirtmomma
04-05-2004, 07:02 PM
WEll I got my parts this weekend for my 300, got web cam 254 grind, hardened rockers, 81mm cylinder :blah: We're not putting the cylinder on till mine needs to be redone since we just put a high comp piston in it! I talked to our machinist today & he was all excited about the cam!! He told Ron to have me bring my head in & he's gonna work his magic on it :devil: :devil: gonna give er a port & polish & help w/ the clearances on the valves WHOOO HOOO that baby should be ALOT better now, also gonna put the 400 carb on it since it's tore down!! I have a race this weekend but don't know if he'll be able to have it done by then but thats ok cuz I'm sure it's gonna be worth the wait :blah: :macho Well I was just so excited I had to brag about it hehehehe :D

JOEX
04-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
"O" I'm sooooo excited
The Big 'O':eek: :devil:

Sounds like you're going to do some arse kickin' on the track:D

Natertot426ex
04-05-2004, 07:34 PM
Cool on all the parts!! You better go ahead and put the bigger piston into it. You are going to see it and every time you do you will have to wipe the drool away!! Plus it could take a long time before you need the rebuild anyway. then just sell the old one!!

turnandburn
04-05-2004, 09:23 PM
cant wait for my 416 kit and machine work to be done i know what it is like. Time to turn and burn!:D

dirtmomma
04-05-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

Sounds like you're going to do some arse kickin' on the track:D

Oh man I sure hope to do something better than I've been doing :rolleyes:

And Nate your probably right, in fact Ron told me I should just take it in w/ me tomarrow & have the guy do that too, but I'm gonna wait that will be my "surprise" for this winter's flattrack :devil: :blah:

Parts are all off everything still looks good, I'll tell you what between Ron & I we can tear that thing down in no time @ all now, heck I've only had it just shy of a year & this is it's 2nd tiem being tore down LOL, but it's been our choice both times so that's a good thing!!

Out_Sider
04-05-2004, 11:01 PM
81mm? if im thinking right my 330 was a 80mm..so you must have gone pretty big with that sleeve. I hear ya momma!! lol. im gonna be sending my head off to be ported and polished soon, along w/ a 3 angle valve job and all that other stuff. and im goin to have my 400ex carb rebuilt and bored out..so hopefully w/ those mods the 330 w/ have a lil more grunt..it just dont feel quite quick enough yet :p

Dunesurfer
04-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Good for you Dirt mama:D :D

QuadJunkies
04-06-2004, 12:35 AM
look out Wash. Flattrackers...Shes Gonna TEAR YA.....:macho :blah:

dirtmomma
04-06-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
81mm? if im thinking right my 330 was a 80mm..so you must have gone pretty big with that sleeve. I hear ya momma!! lol. im gonna be sending my head off to be ported and polished soon, along w/ a 3 angle valve job and all that other stuff. and im goin to have my 400ex carb rebuilt and bored out..so hopefully w/ those mods the 330 w/ have a lil more grunt..it just dont feel quite quick enough yet :p

Yeah the sleeve is friggin HUGE :eek2: I was a little shocked when I seen it LOL, I was thinkin the 330 was 80mm, I'm not sure what it will be @ once we put that cylinder on :devil: gotta get a new sleeve 1st. wonder if a 400EX piston would fit in it :blah: :macho not sure what size stock is, we were thinkin of doing that a while back but now that we have an extra cylinder Hmmmm

LOL QJ your so funny, but I sure hope she rips!!! I guess it's a good thing I missed last weekends race, my brother said there was a big ol wipe out in the womens class quads on top of each other ect :eek: :( don't like to be involved in that crap!! The gal w/ the new 450R was on the bottom :eek2: guess she was a little PO'ed to say the least! Hope everyone can hold it together this weekend LOL, not sure if I'll make it or not though don't wanna rush the porting ect. ;)

QuadJunkies
04-06-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Yeah the sleeve is friggin HUGE :eek2: I was a little shocked when I seen it LOL, I was thinkin the 330 was 80mm, I'm not sure what it will be @ once we put that cylinder on :devil: gotta get a new sleeve 1st. wonder if a 400EX piston would fit in it :blah: :macho not sure what size stock is, we were thinkin of doing that a while back but now that we have an extra cylinder Hmmmm

LOL QJ your so funny, but I sure hope she rips!!! I guess it's a good thing I missed last weekends race, my brother said there was a big ol wipe out in the womens class quads on top of each other ect :eek: :( don't like to be involved in that crap!! The gal w/ the new 450R was on the bottom :eek2: guess she was a little PO'ed to say the least! Hope everyone can hold it together this weekend LOL, not sure if I'll make it or not though don't wanna rush the porting ect. ;) Yeah, dont rush it..That sucks about the girls....:( Anyone get hurt????? I am nervous the mini quad wont be done in time...Its getting Sand blasted right now and the motor is on its way on Thurs.:D I cant wait to hear how your quad rides!!!

Chef
04-06-2004, 11:49 AM
So now that you've got a big new motor, are you gonna come ride a real track? :blah: :devil:

QuadJunkies
04-06-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Chef
So now that you've got a big new motor, are you gonna come ride a real track? :blah: :devil: not everyone likes a full sized track, I personally have rode only one but it wasnt that great IMO, it was rough and just oval, I would love to try a TT track:blah: but would prefer short track over all I think,my quad wouldnt be fast enough to do TT......:(

Chef
04-06-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
not everyone likes a full sized track, I personally have rode only one but it wasnt that great IMO, it was rough and just oval, I would love to try a TT track:blah: but would prefer short track over all I think,my quad wouldnt be fast enough to do TT......:(

It was rough? Must have been a sprint car track? None of the big tracks that I've been on were too rough....

dirtmomma
04-06-2004, 08:30 PM
So now that you've got a big new motor, are you gonna come ride a real track? :blah: :devil:

LOL I'm kinda in the same boat as QJ w/ the short tracks BUT I've never rode a big one but would LOVE too, guess we'll just have to see, from the sounds of it I may have alot more top end so that might be an option, I know Rainier isn't that big but it's big compared to Oakwood & Monroe!! I really wanna try that one! I was just checking out the schedule for the Yakima 1/2 mile track but not sure if we'll be able to make it down there. I think the big test for top end will be @ Goldendale for the 300, man I sure hoep I have more top end than before:rolleyes: it really sucks on the trails I'm always trying to shift to 6th gear LMAO!! Where are you racing @ Chef????? Give me some names of the "big" tracks are you running Castle Rock?? I'm sure I would get smoked there w/ the 450's running in the womens class :(

Chef
04-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Whos running a 450 in the women's class this year? Is Danielle runnin this year? I think her last names Marshall, She rode a white 300ex. I plan on being at all the Yakima Half Miles, and a lot of the Castle Rock races, on both the 1/4 mile and the TT. Depending on how well Rainier is kept watered this year I might go run there. Its fun when its tacky. Dust sucks! :mad:

dirtmomma
04-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Whos running a 450 in the women's class this year? Is Danielle runnin this year? I think her last names Marshall, She rode a white 300ex. I plan on being at all the Yakima Half Miles, and a lot of the Castle Rock races, on both the 1/4 mile and the TT. Depending on how well Rainier is kept watered this year I might go run there. Its fun when its tacky. Dust sucks! :mad:

Hmmm well as far as the women so far it's Heather Heath, & if Danielle ran a black(it was ****e she painted it black) 330 @ Monroe this last year then she is supposedly getting a YFZ450 & there's another gal that is thinking of getting one. Well maybe we'll see ya @ Rainier this summer we will definetly be there so we'll come on over & say HEY!! Plus I gotta try to keep up w/ them darn R's LOL yeah right :rolleyes:

Natertot426ex
04-06-2004, 10:02 PM
Is there place I can Get a schedule for Yakima? My wifes family lives in Toppenish and I travel up there quite a bit.

QuadJunkies
04-06-2004, 11:58 PM
It was rough? Must have been a sprint car track? None of the big tracks that I've been on were too rough.... Yuppers...It was..... they are going to run the infield this year for us on it so no cars this time.......:D

dirtmomma
04-07-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
Is there place I can Get a schedule for Yakima? My wifes family lives in Toppenish and I travel up there quite a bit.

www.yakimaclayraceway.com Also on May 22 @ Horn Rapids ORV park in Richlan there is an all ATV Grand Prix it sounds like alot of fun!! it says 6 mile track using groomed deser trails & established tracks, Event info #'s are (eves) mIke 509-545-0338 Jeff 509-588-4796 if your interested:D

Tina that sounds like what they did a couple yrs ago up here @ Skagit Speedway they tried putting the track inside the sprint car one but that didn't last long, they decided not to do it anymore, that was DJ's 1st race on a big track & he was riding his LT80 he loved it but he would really love it on his blaster :blah: Ron ran the 400 there too just all stock LOL he was high siding all the time :p that was before I really got into racing, I was still riding my kodiak but I would of took IT out there LMAO