PDA

View Full Version : Broke footpeg bolt.

DEAL
04-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Yes, I'm not bright.
I broke the footpeg bolt off in the frame when putting on my new nerf bars and I want to know whats the best way to get it out. Its in the frame about half an inch so its drilling it out my only option?

batgeek
04-05-2004, 06:43 PM
if you can get a dremel in there to make a cut so a flathead screwdriver can get in there, that should work.

if not drill and re-tap. :D

cdalejef
04-05-2004, 06:44 PM
a small drill bit and ez-out should do the trick

sprtrx300ex
04-05-2004, 06:44 PM
ummmm... try to put some heavy duty glue on smething and stick it to the broken bolt and you should be able to screw it right out after it dries.

andrew360
04-06-2004, 12:45 AM
Go to your local Fastenal or well-stocked hardware store and get a couple of left-handed drill bits (you actually chuck them up into your drill and run them in reverse). Unless I am mistaken, the footpeg bolt is a 10mm X 1.50 thread; Center-punch the bolt as close to center as possible, and start out with around a #19 right-hand bit to make a hole in the bolt (use WD or 3 in 1 to lube the bits!); From the #19, chuck up a #9 right-hand bit and make the hole bigger; from there, use around a 5/16" left-hand bit, and slowly run it into the hole (in reverse); this should catch the bolt and back it out smoothly; Be sure to apply and maintain pressure. Before doing any of this, use a good penetrating lube on the remainder of the bolt. I hope this helps and isn't too much info.