PDA

View Full Version : shock set up

woods_racer450r
04-05-2004, 06:33 PM
What about shock set up for the woods. I herd backing them all the way down(spring preload, compression, & rebound just a little) is what to do for the woods. Just wandering if thats so.:macho

sprtrx300ex
04-05-2004, 08:26 PM
Generaly, you want a high ground clearence (preload), and your compression set on a soft setting. Your rebound should be set so that it returns to its original position pretty quick, to prevent "packing".

greghall
04-05-2004, 09:00 PM
I have mine set all soft preload all the way out & clickers one click from soft love,some people dont but I like mine soft.

kargaaro
04-06-2004, 08:06 AM
Still getting the feel of them. XC I've been racing them at about half on the compression. MX on the stiffest compression and can still bottom them. I hoping to change the springs on the front to triple rate. I'm a 200lb rider.

KY Woods Rider
04-07-2004, 01:03 PM
woods_racer,
I know I've got the forum clock set correctly, so, don't they ever make you work around that place, or do they just pay you to sit around and play on the computer all day:rolleyes: :D :D

And no, it wasn't too hard to figure out that it was you, so I thought I might as well give you a hard time:macho, cause evidentally you've got it pretty easy at work:blah: