PDA

View Full Version : blaster 350x conversion?

MotoXdevil7472
04-05-2004, 06:08 PM
i know that lots of people have done the 300ex/250x framewith a 350x motor conversion, but does anyone know if u could put a 350x motor in a blaster frame? any info would be appreciated.

cdalejef
04-05-2004, 06:37 PM
I bet there won't be enough room to clear the valve cover without some serious hacking. Besides you probally won't be able to keep the front down.
Its almost a direct boltin into a 250X/300ex chassis.

PhilMoore
04-05-2004, 06:56 PM
I tried it, but lost intrest when the 400EX came out. I had to really butcher the frame to make it work.

I got it to the point where I could ride it around the yard. The last thing I needed was a custom fabricated gas tank.

MotoXdevil7472
04-05-2004, 07:02 PM
what all did u have to do to the frame to make it fit?

PhilMoore
04-05-2004, 09:30 PM
Basically cut out the diagonal frame tube in front of the motor. This picture is the only one I have, so I can't show you more detail. I fabricated new frame in that area, but it was not a strong, or good looking fix. The Blaster gas tank would not fit, I would have had to fab up a custom tank, or have one made. I did get the 350X exhaust to fit.

I also moved the upper rear shock mount so I could put the 350X shock and swingarm in. That was not necessary though.

I gave up when I got my 400EX. I realized making the Frankenblaster was a waste of time because it would have been too cobbled up.

MotoXdevil7472
04-06-2004, 08:12 AM
ok. thanks for your help

dirtmomma
04-06-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by PhilMoore
Basically cut out the diagonal frame tube in front of the motor. This picture is the only one I have, so I can't show you more detail. I fabricated new frame in that area, but it was not a strong, or good looking fix. The Blaster gas tank would not fit, I would have had to fab up a custom tank, or have one made. I did get the 350X exhaust to fit.

I also moved the upper rear shock mount so I could put the 350X shock and swingarm in. That was not necessary though.

I gave up when I got my 400EX. I realized making the Frankenblaster was a waste of time because it would have been too cobbled up.

Frankenblaster LMAO thats a good one!!! The guy that had our blaster before us put a KTM540 motor in it :huh So what did ya do w/ frankenblaster??????? I dont' think you could keep the front tires on the ground either, seems like alot of power for a blaster frame.