PDA

View Full Version : uh oh

Tigman
04-05-2004, 05:01 PM
Got home from work and decided to go riding. I was gonna throw it in the bed of my truck but my freind showed up with his 4x6 trailer and said they would both fit on there sideways. So instead of getting my truck muddy i threw it on his trailer and we went in his truck. Well, one mile down the road we hit a big bump I looked back and everything was ok, so i thought. We stopped at a stop sign and then made a right, and what da ya know my 300ex falls out . It is still held on by the strap on the grab bar dragging down the road as I frantically yell stop, but he couln't stop or it woulda hit his brand new truck so we came to a gradual stop which was only 20yds or so because we had just pulled out but it seemed like and eternity. We threw it back on the trailer and pulled off up the road. The big bump we hit must have knocked the strap off the frame in the front and the bend just finished it off. Needless to say I was p#ssed!! The damage was broken headlight, bent handlebars, clutch handle, stupid plastic on the handlebars, light/start switch, and shifter. Everthing is ordered and Im gonna put on oneal bars with 2 miny lights instead of the bulky looking crap. I wanted to do it anyway just not like this. I bought the quad in november and only rode it maybe 10 times ,. Nothing happened to the plastic or my pipe but i sure did feel like a dumbass and from now on it only goes in the bed of my truck and I'm not gonna hurry so much. Anything like this ever happen to you?
If anyone needs a handlebar harness I have a brand new one without the switch. make offer

LTandRaptorider
04-05-2004, 05:10 PM
That sucks... :(

One time I got home to find my LT hanging off the back of the trailer, luckily there wasn't any damage to it. I've used three straps ever since. ;)

Sportrax10
04-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Any pics?
:devil:

Tigman
04-05-2004, 05:15 PM
no pics, i didnt want reminded of it, i would take them now but its half put back together. I wouldnt be as mad if I was riding it having fun and wrecked or flipped it, but NOOOOOOO the stupid Pennsylvania roads had to do it first.

LTandRaptorider
04-05-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Tigman
no pics, i didnt want reminded of it, i would take them now but its half put back together. I wouldnt be as mad if I was riding it having fun and wrecked or flipped it, but NOOOOOOO the stupid Pennsylvania roads had to do it first.

Why you're not saying we have chitty roads, are you?! :p

I feel like I'm off-roading in my truck on some of them... :rolleyes:

Tigman
04-05-2004, 05:21 PM
I have to drink coffee out of a sippy cup in my truck around here or ill wear it.

Sportrax10
04-05-2004, 05:31 PM
I have to drink coffee out of a sippy cup in my truck around here or ill wear it.
:p

LTandRaptorider
04-05-2004, 05:31 PM

yes, you should've heard the string of obscenities I was yelling when my cappucino flew out of the cupholder from a pothole... :o

TheFontMaster
04-05-2004, 06:11 PM
My friends got a sportsman 400, and one day when he was tralering it up here one of the straps came loose, and the whole thing slid forward as he stoped by my driveway. It was funny seeing the front of the sportsman about 2 in. from the back of his dodge stratus. lol

Tommy 17
04-05-2004, 06:13 PM
lt ur roads are like express ways compared to what i have here:eek2:

i never use a tie down in the back of my truck... just put it in gear:eek:

CowsBitePeople
04-05-2004, 06:15 PM
at an intersection at work i saw a raptor flip out of the bed of a truck the guy was makeing a left turn, ur truck may not be too safe so strap it up in there too!!

lol
04-05-2004, 06:19 PM
my friends lakota fell of his trailer while he was goin on the highway, it rolled and then landed on its wheels, plastic was bent and cracked but thats about it:eek2:

LTandRaptorider
04-05-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
lt ur roads are like express ways compared to what i have here:eek2:

i never use a tie down in the back of my truck... just put it in gear:eek:

You just have buggy trails out your way, don't you?! :p

hondafox440
04-05-2004, 07:41 PM
My town has the worst roads ever.

I was kind of worried that my 440 was going to fall off my my buddy's 4x8 (I think thats the size) last time we went riding. We had to put his blaster on sideways with the tires half hanging off the front of the trailer, with mine on normally, which barely stayed on without tiedowns. I put it in gear and threw 5 tie downs on it (1 on each peg, 1 on each side of the axle, 1 to the bumper, all pulling forward) and it worked fine.

The worst thing that ever happened to me when trailering was my XR250 fell over on the highway and came close to falling off but we stopped in time and fixed it.

CowsBitePeople
04-05-2004, 07:59 PM
u guys think ur roads are bad come down here they are puttin in sewers its like off roadin they suck at pavin, pot holes the size of my front tires everywhere, everybody goes to my dads shop for front ends in their cars and such

4OOex
04-06-2004, 05:34 AM
4th worst roads in the country here in san diego buddy of mine hit a pot hole 2 weeks ago on the way to ride and bounced his z400 right over the back of his trailer i had to swerve off the road to avoid hitting it and took out one of the signs that warns you about illegal immigrants running across the roads