PDA

View Full Version : kasea 90 skyhawk,no power

breezeblocker
04-05-2004, 02:42 PM
friends got one and lacks power,he has added a k&n filter,no other mods.looking for jeting tips.or other possible recomendations.wont climb hills and takes a long time to reach power band.seems to rev up slow.

ROBBSRACING
04-05-2004, 06:10 PM
If all he did was to remove the airbox and put on the filter he needs to do some jetting. The stock airbox is very restrictive so once it is removed the jetting must be richened up considerably. Generally for that bike you need to richen the needle at least 1 clip position and drill the main jet with a number 61 drill bit. This set up should be really close.

Woodsrider
04-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Lacks power? take it back there is something wrong with it.
My 9 year old girl climbs hills on hers just fine. Maybe the belt is shot(?)

QuadJunkies
04-06-2004, 12:31 AM
we had this happen with our Kasea, turned out the Choke was shot, is it mostly on Bottom end and takes off ?? Is this a new Kasea or bought used??? Robb is correct ,also consider changing roller weights that will help a bit also......;) Tina .

breezeblocker
04-06-2004, 08:42 AM
it was bought new and was ok,this problem developed after time it seems.no bottom end power.thanks for the help,brett

QuadJunkies
04-06-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by breezeblocker
it was bought new and was ok,this problem developed after time it seems.no bottom end power.thanks for the help,brett Then I would DEF. check your choke, I guess this is a common problem with them and over time they need to be replaced