PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Wheels

jeepeater347
04-05-2004, 01:49 PM
Anyone read the article about the White Bros Carbon Pipe on the 450. They say that with this exhuast no airbox lid will easily beat a HRC kitted one. I guess the pipe really wakes the quad up

Honda
04-05-2004, 02:09 PM
yea, Nice pipe kit.

Anyone notice how most of the articles in that issue are about Yamaha Quads?

bansheeke
04-05-2004, 03:56 PM
lol, yeah they always seem to be yamaha related.

anyway, that carbon pro pipe is SICK too bad its so damn expensive.

MIA450R
04-05-2004, 04:55 PM
common sense would then say that an HRC 450R with the WB carbon pipe would be a rocket....possibly even keep up with a YFZ!!!

LoL, Dirtwheels...everything they write is skewed towards selling something. This time, WB pays them to say nice things about their pipe, and once again, what Dirtwheels has to say in this article contradicts other (negative) things they have said about the 450R. Take the article with a grain of salt until we actually see people using it.

I want nothing more than to read that aftermarket pipes "wake up the 450R" as much as a pipe/no lid wakes up the YFZ....just have to wait and see...

the Z Man
04-05-2004, 10:09 PM
My buddy ahs a YFZ with the GYTR (Yoshi) pipe and jetted with no lid, he pulled my 450r pretty good stock, I then put on a White Brothers pipe and filter, no jetting and kept the lid on and we tied every time. I just can't wait to cam and jet the R and see what happens,,, :D

kbass24emtp
04-05-2004, 10:30 PM
I raced a YFZ with a full HMF pipe and I don't know about the airbox because the kid I raced said the only thing done to the bike was the pipe. But I have the HRC kit and a 13 tooth sprocket and I beat him off the line and he pulled me topped out in 5th by about a bike length or two. We were racing at least 500 yard drag.

kazpr
04-05-2004, 10:40 PM
Wow that pipe is $760 BUCKS!! It better make some SICK power for that!!

norrisboat
04-06-2004, 12:36 AM
wb products are crap. there is already a thread about them in the powertrain forum. hmf vs. wb.

wb also is a decent sized company that can afford to pay for good ratings in dirt wheels.

BigThumper33
04-06-2004, 01:15 AM
I wouldn't go as far to say WB products are crap. Had an R4 slip on, on my 400ex and raced it for 2 years without a problem. Finish was always nice.

Granted I can't see the power increase being any different from what the rest of the builders are getting, but I wouldn't say their stuff is crap..

Dunlap
04-06-2004, 05:56 AM
The White Bros. pipe was the offical pipe for Team Honda for the motor cycle team because it was the best and it is the pipe that we will be running on are 500r in the GNCC. Saying WB is crap because of a problem that may or may not have been on some older style pipe has nothing to do with the newer style pipes. We have been running the WB pipes for two years giving them feed back on ways to make them even better. The power they make on my motors is the best over all that I have found out of every pipe we have tested except the loony tuned on are 470 yfz. We will be testing the newest Quiet pipe this next week.

quadsrfun
04-06-2004, 11:01 AM
I am not sure but I heard that DIRTWHEELS was going to change the name of there mag. to YAMAWHEELS. If they are not ,they should cause they are so far up YAMAHA'S ***** they my never see light again.... :blah: :blah: :blah:

seatec
04-06-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by quadsrfun
I am not sure but I heard that DIRTWHEELS was going to change the name of there mag. to YAMAWHEELS. If they are not ,they should cause they are so far up YAMAHA'S ***** they my never see light again.... :blah: :blah: :blah:

This year but don't worry. next year they will crawl back up Honda's *** if that makes you happy.:D

OH and BTW. When you start seeing tonsils you may see some light:D

joe1l
04-06-2004, 11:44 AM
I had a WB before and I really like it alot, every shoot out I have seen in the past their pipes always seem to perform real well. Being that this is a 800 pipe, well I guess you can at least expect it to do just as good as it did in the past and probably better when it compares to other pipes. This doesn't mean that I would spend $800 on pipe unless it was making double the power of say a $400 pipe which I really can't see it doing. Now I do agree on one thing, and that is that dirtwheels, atv action, and atv sport go to bed with their big advertisers, often sugar coating products in their arcticles. I also remember reading in this particular article that dirtwheels wrote something along the lines of that this was the first pipe they could get their hands on :eek2: That right there leads me to believe that is partially BS, being that HMF, Sparks, FMF etc have had pipes out for a while. I still would only take their article with a grain of salt, that doesn't mean the pipe isn't as good as it says, its their integrity that I'm questioning at this point. At this point in time I only look at dirtwheels for the pictures :eek: because the articles don't seem to have that much merrit any more!:devil:

seatec
04-06-2004, 12:16 PM
Integrity is a hard character trade to have these days. It can get you in trouble big time. They are in it for the money and you as consumer should always do your own research before buying anything. The zines are a product guide at best.
Sometimes i think they are only in existence to advertise. Somebody once did a page to ad count of one of the big magazines and came up with something like 60% of the pages where filled with ads.
The magazine should really be for free if you ask me since i bet they make enough money on the ads. Not sure about that, just speculating.

I picked up a small book with all 2004 quads with specs and some good summaries on current quads. its about 10 bux and i think worth the money. Forgot what it is called but its on the shelfs now.

norrisboat
04-06-2004, 02:16 PM
mickey,

every wb pipe i have encountered has fallen apart.

RMX500
04-06-2004, 03:39 PM
i don't read Dirtwheels anymore.. I find they change their bias's on a per issue basis.

I just read ATV Action and it's good enough for me. They actually write about the Predator. Last issue had 2 articles with the Predator.

Dirtwheels is all either huge bore utility or YFZ vs. TRX articles..