PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the key go????

WOracing
04-05-2004, 10:57 AM
I was looking at the tag t2 handlebars with the universal clamps. That is what i was suggested to get. I was wondering where i would put the key. Would i have to get a pro design kill switch in place of the key?
Thanx in advance......
Screen name: WOracing19

kazpr
04-05-2004, 10:59 AM
Ya I did away with my key on my T2's. I really like the bars alot.

roughrider01
04-05-2004, 11:10 AM
For now I got my ignition switch taped (lol) up to some cable under the handlebars and the oil light zip tied to the bar clamps. Im waiting on the trailtech dash/clamp, anyone know if its out yet if when its gonna be out?

quadrcr161
04-05-2004, 11:13 AM
i removed the key and wired my killswitch in it then a jumper wire to allow my fan and oil light to work, then i have my oil light zip tied to the breather line on my gas cap.

jeepeater347
04-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Hey kazpr what bend bars did you use?

kazpr
04-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Cr High bend. I am very very happy with them. Peace Kazpr

kssandduner
04-05-2004, 12:49 PM
I mounted my key and light in the front plastic. It looks factory, but I kinda wish I would have just gotten rid of the key, it's more of an annoyance than anything, specially when someone in my group turns it off when I'm not looking, and then I kick about ten times trying to figure out why my bike won't start!:devil:

WOracing
04-05-2004, 12:53 PM
ok thanx...but im still confused in that where would the temp light go? or do i just get rid of it. i will prolly just get the pro design kill swtich now. LOL or just mount everything to the bars like you said.

900rracer
04-05-2004, 10:13 PM
I eliminated my key and relocated the temp light in the plastic just in front of the left side of the gas tank. I drilled a hole and popped it up from underneath. I also eliminated the on/off switch assembly and mounted a Prodesign kill switch.

kargaaro
04-06-2004, 08:12 AM
Carbonman makes hoods for the front to eliminate the headlights in plastic or carbon fiber. It has the holes for the key and the temp light already on there. Looks sweet!

thump4863
04-06-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by roughrider01
For now I got my ignition switch taped (lol) up to some cable under the handlebars and the oil light zip tied to the bar clamps. Im waiting on the trailtech dash/clamp, anyone know if its out yet if when its gonna be out?

I've been calling them and they said they have it ready they are just waiting on the materials. Should be this week and they will get them out.

roughrider01
04-06-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by thump4863
I've been calling them and they said they have it ready they are just waiting on the materials. Should be this week and they will get them out.

Sweet, thanks for the update. Ill be giving them a call later on this week.