PDA

View Full Version : the custom 450

team_450_88
04-05-2004, 10:00 AM
Well as u prolly know I have a crf450 and I didnt build the quad fab-tech atv built it for me !! But n-e-wayz I ordered a brand new swingarm for it and the guy from fab-tech was taking to long to get it here and I needed one by this weekend because I have an important race so I went over to my buddies and we took his quads swingarm of his 400ex ( my crf has a 400ex frame ) and we was gonna put his on mine for the weekend..well we got over to my house tryed it out and the **** thing wont fit. It comes real close to fitting but like not close enough!! I guess I know now that u gotta buy a custom built crf450 swingarm just letting some of you guys know that might plan on building one!! I was the only 1 who prolly didnt know but o-well just told ya anywayz!!

Ryan Collins #88

team_450_88
04-05-2004, 10:06 AM
But dont get me wrong these things are worth building!! They RIP !! If u go to dana's site and read some of the stuff his mother has put on there about the races, it tells you how much better joe raced and rode at the nationals on the crf!! it was the perfect bike for joe!! If crf's could still run pro class, Tim Farr would be in the front of the pack!! He needs to get off the 450r till honda can get something better to compare to the yfz! Dont get me wrong Honda is the best ( RIde Red or Give Head ) but if u wanna get whats best with ur money and you arent worried about brands and you are worried about what will get u threw the race and what will get you out front , you will not worry about brands!!

Ryan Collins #88

Berry
04-05-2004, 02:51 PM
i think ur just stalling becasue you dont wanna loose too me:o

j/p man i wish the junk would come

CowsBitePeople
04-05-2004, 06:30 PM
where did it not fit? like what was hittin or whatever?

team_450_88
04-05-2004, 07:37 PM
Hey Josh,

I talked the guy that is building it into trying to get it here by Friday but he said the only way he can do that is if he sent it bare steel with no paint !! So i was like I will spay paint it till I get finished this weekend then get it powdercoated..lol..better try to come this weekend man !! I havent rode in 4 ever ..might get my *** beat in c-class but I doubt it....haha

Berry
04-05-2004, 08:10 PM
alright im gonna try to come, but my girl wants too go ridin sooooo:rolleyes: but im gonna try to work somthin out and work her and the race in