PDA

View Full Version : PIPE HYPE Which is really the best

shook
03-12-2002, 02:47 PM
I am looking at building a 416 and I want a new pipe I have slip on W/B now and its not all that.What the recommendations and some input on the makes.I have heard that the hmf is a really ,nice pipe for the money.Also I have looked at fat boy 4 , dmc, curtis sparks full yosh. pipe LRD,GT thunder they all say there pipe makes the most power and you really cant believe none of them they are all in it for one reason $$$.Any suggestions.

03-12-2002, 04:25 PM
engine builders r always the best, ct, sparks, tc, ect

Kadafiy
03-12-2002, 06:08 PM
I visited HMF's shop today and bought a pipe. I haven't tried it but they say there is a 4 hp increase on the low end with the slip-on and 2 hp to the top end with the header. I would recommend them now that I have talked with them and saw their shop, but their might be a wait because they have been getting alot of orders. Call them and find out.

Dave400ex
03-12-2002, 06:19 PM
Engine Builders Pipes add the Most Power. That`s what they are Built for. If sound is a problem then a Engine Builders Pipe might not work for you. I have a TC and like it. I would get a TC, Sparks, Duncan, LRD, CT, or a Hetrick`s. The Guy that Works on our Quads likes Duncan. A Guy just bought one of the Duncan 440 Kits from him. Any Engine Builders Pipe will be Good.

ChadEXer
03-13-2002, 11:20 AM
Like Warriorman said engine builders pipes are the best. But when I talked to Mickey Dunlap he said one of the best is WB other than engine builders.

Quadfather
03-13-2002, 04:05 PM
My Curtis Sparks pulled incredibly hard through every gear. I was leaving my buddies stock quads in the dust. I just couldn't put up with how loud it was, so I bought a Yoshi slip on. I noticed a drop in power, but it's worth it.

Curtis Sparks X4 for sale. Complete system.