PDA

View Full Version : Glamis Trip (easter Weekend)

EXJUMPER
04-05-2004, 09:06 AM
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Some of the guys from yfz central are planning a trip to glamis and gave us the invite. Last trip out with them was a blast. I think there is about 12 or so people going so far and we are looking for more. Sorry about the short notice, but see what you guys can do. So far I think they are planning to camp out off of gecko road.
Later,
James:devil:

desertsandrider
04-06-2004, 09:43 AM
We will be at buttercup from thursday till sunday

EXJUMPER
04-06-2004, 03:42 PM
Thats cool! There is always another time. This is my first year going to the dunes and i've hit all of the imperial sand dunes except for glamis. But so far I really like ogilby the best. I 've heard that glamis is the place to be for the holidays (for the great ( + )( + ) shots), so it should be fun:devil:
Maybe next trip we'll get some exriders out there.
James

tstrenuous10
04-06-2004, 05:50 PM
imperial...thast duemont right? cuz i know that sounds really familiar. i have done psimo (oceano) duempnt and sand mountial. sand mountian is great for tit shots on holidays (course where isnt with motorcycles?) specially if you got big boys with big toys. plus NO NOISE LIMITS!!! so you get to see some WICKED *** banshees and 250r FRAMES going up that hill with gsxrs and ninjas motors in them.
just got back from pismo this weekend...they closed down A LOT. and i mean A LOT. you can no longer go past pole 6 and they closed off whole dunes, its a lot smaller then i remember and last time i was there was bout a year ago.

EXJUMPER
04-07-2004, 08:36 AM
No....Dumont is north of imperial. Imperial is by Brawley, CA. and starts just off of highway 78 and ends at the Mexico border. If you want to get a taste of Glamis (Imperial) CLICK HERE (http://www.glamisinfo.com/)

By the way make sure to check out the picture gallery.

desertsandrider
04-07-2004, 09:06 AM
Since the weather is so nice right now, there should be a pretty good amount of people this weekend....the past couple of years, it has been too hot by now, so we hit up the river like everyone else. We usually do goto Glamis for the big holidays, but my buddy will have his stand at Buttercup, so that's where we'll be!

Later

Str8Wicked
04-07-2004, 12:34 PM
You guys all seen my Avalanche so look for it and everyone's welcome... I'm gonna try to find the YFZ guys to camp with but we
ll see... Taking the YFZ, a 400ex, Z400, 250R, 250ex, and a banshee up....

EXJUMPER
04-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Cool! The camp should not be to hard to find. A couple of the guys headed out today to set up camp. They said there will be signs up leading you to the camp, the first one will be at highway 78 and gecko rd. What time will you be getting up there? I'll be there friday around 9:00 am or so. I'll post up everybodys info a little later so that should help out too.
James

EXJUMPER
04-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Ok guys, here's the list.....

Amergin - Green Jeep Grand Cherokee w/ some funky homemade trailer. Oh and me white YFZ450...
OffRoadRace - Silver Subaru BAJA w/ 4x8 Radio Flyer trailer with the YFZ.
Desertbound - White Chevy Blazer, Blue YFZ, White Blaster.
Bigbadyfz - Light green F150 pulling 24' Coachman, white YFZ and Yellow Z400
Fast1- (Mike) Red Miata pulling white/red YFZ , MN license plates
Ash - white with gold strip F-250 ext cab, short bed, lariet diesel, pulling a 21ft white Thor Wanderer, white YFZ and Black 400EX race plastics.
24v- Blue Chevy Trailblazer pulling utility trailer, with blue Blaster, and blue YFZ. (washes)
Tore Up/Merriman- F. Green yukon w/some type of Trailer 400ex/Blue yfz.
Crash929 - 2003 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner w/blue YFZ
Fred - Silver Toyota Tundra YZ450, CR250, and maybe RM250
Exjumper - Green Jeep Cherokee w/red 400ex

Dunesurfer
04-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Sounds like a good groop. I'll be at the end of gecko road at the roadrunner campground. I'll try to look you guys up. I'll be driving a gold ranger with dune atv plates.
Str8t I'll look for you.

tony

EXJUMPER
04-08-2004, 09:20 AM
Cool....see you up there!
James