PDA

View Full Version : GT Thunder 400EX CDI

Quadzilla
04-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Hey guys,

These are the amoungts the best out there correct? I know that the rev limit is increased to 10,800 but do they really make more/better power than the stocker in the other rpm ranges on a mildly built motor like mine below? Thanks!

Doibugu2
04-05-2004, 09:29 AM
Rico's got one, haven't heard how he liked it yet.

UglyMotha™
04-05-2004, 09:32 AM
it raises the rev limter and advances the timing 6 degrees, so yes it's goin to make a small difference in the power band not so much noticable as the rev limiter and i just found out last week that if you use it with the sparks key the motor will explode :eek2:

300exOH
04-05-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
it raises the rev limter and advances the timing 6 degrees, so yes it's goin to make a small difference in the power band not so much noticable as the rev limiter and i just found out last week that if you use it with the sparks key the motor will explode :eek2:

:eek2: Ouch! are you serious? Sounds like time for a rebuild.

UglyMotha™
04-05-2004, 09:43 AM
no my motor is still good but wouldn't have been, luckily laz told me before hand cause i was goin to borrow one and hook up to see if i liked, he said i would have ripped the the studs right outta the motor

Doibugu2
04-05-2004, 09:51 AM
no my motor is still good but wouldn't have been, luckily laz told me before hand cause i was goin to borrow one and hook up to see if i liked, he said i would have ripped the the studs right outta the motor

Not the way you ride sissy:eek:

300exOH
04-05-2004, 10:01 AM

Man good thing you didn't do it. Whew! Got to be careful mixin and matchin aftermarket huh?

UglyMotha™
04-05-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Not the way you ride sissy:eek:

how'd my butt look, or didja ever get close enough :eek: :blah:

Doibugu2
04-05-2004, 11:35 AM
how'd my butt look, or didja ever get close enough :eek: :blah:

I don't remember, I still had tears in my eyes from the yellow fishermans' pants. When you were suiting up in the morning, I was sure you were riding or preparing to get on a ship!:D

UglyMotha™
04-05-2004, 11:42 AM
oh god LMAO http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/lmao.gif

didn't dig my gordens fisherman pants eh :mad: least i was still dry when we got back to the trucks :p

04-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Well I"m having a problem with mine. Laz has to look a few things over on my quad at the next GNCC race.

We've tried troubleshooting it thru emails and phone but can't figure it out. I've used it once but I also installed a ported head, opened up my airbox a little and installed a bigger carb so once i figure out what the problem is I"ll let ya know what I think about it when i install it when everything is runnin correctly.:)

thebig450es
07-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Where i have a sparks key and the GT thunder CDI and it works great.