PDA

View Full Version : need help...i need to split my bottom end!!!!

QCquad83
04-04-2004, 10:43 PM
i have a honda book so thats a start...i was just wondering if any could give me some tips on doing this....i have done everything else in my motor but splitting the case and i think my rod bearings went out.........another thing is i have a question and this might not be good.......when i removed the counter balancer i could not find any etching on the gears to lign them up so i etched them myself....when i got it out i found out that they were etched but when i put the counter-balancer back in i ligned up my etching marks and then turned it to see where the factory marks would line up but they don't......has anyone ever had them not lign up because of factory defect....i did notice that i even after i replaced the bearings i could put my finger on the counter balancer and move it slightly at a 45 degree angle from bottom left to Top right...not much play at all...i don't thing there should be any play there but i don't know...please help........

44oEX
04-05-2004, 05:28 AM
As far as the counter balancer goes use the factory marks. and no there sould not be any free play in the balancer.

The only tip I can give you is when you put it back tougeter make sore the transmission work. go trough all the gears to know if they work good or not. before you bolt it all back up

QCquad83
04-05-2004, 07:48 PM
aight man thanks......do you think that if that counter balancer was not in right it could have egged the cases out

44oEX
04-06-2004, 05:29 AM
I don't think so. If it would have done any damage it would of broke it. So if there is no cracks I say your good.

QCquad83
04-10-2004, 11:37 AM
bump

44oEX
04-11-2004, 11:33 AM
what else do you need to know??

QCquad83
04-11-2004, 06:52 PM
i was just wondering any little tricks or minute things i should look for when i split them...tricks tips, etc.....

44oEX
04-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Put the bottom end on it's side so that when you split it open all the gears will stay on there shafts instead of falling on the floor.

And try to take the complete transmission out as one piece. that way you can't really scew it up and it is alot easyer to put it back togheter. I think that is pretty much it. It is not that hard to do just get a manuel and take your time make sore to double check everything and you sould be ok.