PDA

View Full Version : 400ex or sell for banshee

03-12-2002, 01:20 PM
I have had my 400 for about 8months and well it dosent have enough power i ride at the dunes mostly around winchester bay and well i could sell or trade my 400 for a banshee since they are way better for the dunes and haul ***, or i could dump 2k into my motor and then what would i have would i be competive againt banhees? I dont know what to do give me advice Thx:(

03-12-2002, 01:27 PM
Well If all you do is ride in the sand,,it does sound like the banshee is what you need,,since that's what they were designed for. I do beleive the 400ex is gonna last longer and give you less trouble down the road,,that's a pretty hard call.

400ex- top notch handling and reliablitly,,but slower than banshee.

banshee - fast,,,,,,,,,,,ummmmmmm,,that's it.

DEAL
03-12-2002, 01:31 PM
Yeah , sell it and get a Banshee since you ride in dunes. Some people on here are going to tell you to keep your 400, but they also have to realize that the 400 wasn't right for everyone, especially for dune riders.

03-12-2002, 01:35 PM
thx for the replys keep em coming I think that i will start looking into banshees more seriosly

yellowrider
03-12-2002, 02:25 PM
if i rode in sand alot and i knew how to work on a motor really well and didnt mind buying two of everything and wasnt so hard on stuff i would buy the banshee but if you are hard on your ride you may want to stick with the 400 and change the gear ratios a bit that is what i am going to do to mine and also alot of people said that it will run a whole lot better with the airbox lid off and it will boost the horsepower up a bit but i am not for sure .. i havent done it yet anyways....

my friend has a banshee that thing is awesome on roads and at the sandpit but.... it sucks in the woods cause the lack of low end power and to much wheel spin.. but for the dunes i think it would be a bad *** quad to own go for it man .....

JustRace
03-12-2002, 04:52 PM
I say go for the banshee. They are not as bad as what a lot of people think and they fly in the dunes. The main person I ride with bought 98 banshee for 3800 that was bored out to 370 and it had dg pipes on it.