PDA

View Full Version : The future is now...good gosh but they're fast!

redroost85
04-04-2004, 04:53 PM
This probably should have gone in the racing forum, but I thought I might get more responses in here. I got a little story to share from this past weekend and I'll try to keep'er short.

Our first race at the local mx track was this past Saturday (4/3) I race in what is known as 'woodsman class'. Which essentially is a 'no motor or suspension work' class....i.e. guys that love to ride/race, but don't got tons of $.

Well, good gosh but there were a bunch of new yfz's there..not too many crf's interestingly enough(?) It seems the rules have gotten a little lax as of late. Apparently everyone got motor/suspension work done from Santa this past winter too.

I say this not too complain, because I finished 6th in points last year...and rode my literal *** off to finish 6th on Saturday. Those yfz's and the homemade hybrids are where it is at now. Basically stock yzf's and crf's are now the benchmark. Even the guys with the 416's and 440 strokers had their hands full. I will say that the guy on the 440 stroker won...but not by much. I pretty much knew this going into this year...but I got my first taste on Saturday. Running with those guys is very humbling. Dayum can those yzf's haul.:(

Oh well, I had a good time, the quad stayed in one piece, and I was just a little sore.

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this? What are your thoughts? Thanks for letting me air this out a little here.:) I still love to race...they can't take that away, lol!:muscle:

Pappy
04-04-2004, 04:57 PM
If ya cant beat them ...join them:devil:

redroost85
04-04-2004, 05:09 PM
If my budget wasn't such a financial circus....I would be all over a new crf!:devil:

I love my 400 though...she'll still throw ya back in the seat, lol!:macho

northeast400
04-04-2004, 07:27 PM
I hear ya!! the new yamy is sweet!!!

sportraxrider10
04-04-2004, 07:58 PM
where do you race

CowsBitePeople
04-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Maybe im the only one but i dont like the new yamaha, its weird , dont like the way it sits and all, i like my dale!

ReconRider25
04-04-2004, 09:18 PM
Maybe im the only one but i dont like the new yamaha, its weird , dont like the way it sits and all, i like my dale!

i dont like the yfz's ergonomics either....

markeg192
04-04-2004, 09:25 PM
I went out to a track today and watched the race and yeah lots of 450Rs and YFZs. It's getting hard to participate unless you have deep pockets.

redroost85
04-05-2004, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. Just wondered if this kinda stuff was happening where you guys race/run.

I love racing...but the line between the haves and have nots has gotten much bigger this year.

Ahhh, makes it that more satisfying when I finish in front of them!:devil:

Atreyu
04-05-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by CowsBitePeople

About three weeks ago you wanted to finance one. lol, the new yammy's ok. I like conversions better.

400EX_Kid_03
04-05-2004, 07:26 AM
I went to a local dealer saturday, and they had both the 2004 YFZ 450 and the 2004 450R in stock, sitting right next to each other.... good god was it sexy!!!! I do have to say that Red Honda looked SO MUCH better than the boring white YFZ

seatec
04-05-2004, 07:40 AM
since when did this thread turn into a YFZ bashing thread? Stick to the topic, rodents

redroost85
04-05-2004, 07:46 AM
Yeah guys let's keep it clean...just wanted to express my thoughts on the new breed(s) of racing quads.

Most guys here that have the Honda 450's are the hybrids...'cause they couldn't wait for Honda anymore!:blah:

To me they are both very impressive rides...I would go Honda, but that is just me, lol!:macho

400EX_Kid_03
04-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by seatec
since when did this thread turn into a YFZ bashing thread? Stick to the topic, rodents

I wasnt bashing the YFZ at all, all I was saying was the 450R looked better....

At least I contributed to the thread, rather than posting somthing COMPLETELY useless