PDA

View Full Version : how to deal with broken foot

300EXrider02
04-04-2004, 12:29 PM
Well I finally got in my decent crash that was bound to happen...

I was riding my friends predator and hit this tiny mound of dirt, about foot high, only going in a bout second gear, thing got squirrly, landed rough and my foot slipped off and sucked under quad, thing ran my nuts, leg, chest and head over, and I broke my foot, and the predator flipped over and hit a tree....

that was a fun expirence, but now prob for the next month or longer I am going to be on crutches with a cast for a broken foot...My track season was 2 weeks into it, my other school programs are going to happen now, and I can barely get around....taking a shower is a pain in the ***, and now my spring break is with crutches....honestly to all you guys that broke your feet, ankles, or legs, how in the name of God do you deal with it, already from one day of crutches my under arms are sore as hell, not to mention every muscel in my leg, from my hamstring to calves is pulled and can hardly move....

I had my helmet, chest protector and all the gear but my boots on, I had shoes on and thats why my foot slipped off....he doesnt have nerf bars like my quad, so it was just a mixture of bad luck...

atvrider12764
04-04-2004, 12:44 PM
when i had a cast on my foot it was east to take showers.....just put a plastic chair in there and but one of those special plastics things that go over your cast and are tight at the top thats what i got and it worked awsome..but if u get that cast wet its gonna smell so bad

LTandRaptorider
04-04-2004, 02:46 PM
I broke my leg a couple of years ago just above the ankle, much in the same way you broke your ankle. Luckily my nuts weren't run over though! :eek2: I just hung my leg over the bath tub to keep it from getting wet. Yeah, crutches are a real pain. They told me not to walk on the leg, but after a couple of weeks I said screw it and limped on it anyways. They didn't say much when at the third week checkup, the plaster was dirty and cracked. I took great pleasure in burning the crutches in a bonfire... ;)

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Hang in there, Yes crutches do kill the armpits you might try to put a towel over the top for a little cushion. When I had a cast I would put a trashbag over it and then at the top wrap tape around my calf so water could not get in. Make sure you get a flyswatter or a coat hanger to reach inside the cast for when it starts itching ;)

atvrider12764
04-04-2004, 04:34 PM
i stuck a coat hanger in my cast and it messed up the inside cloths and annoyed the hell outta me until i got it off....that was the biggest mistake i made with the coat hanger

chucked
04-04-2004, 06:34 PM
dude it sucksssss ballllllllllssssssssssssssss. I just took oxycontin and played vice city, when i broke my ankle last june 27th.

Atreyu
04-04-2004, 07:25 PM
I didnt get mine casted. It'll affect me years down the road though. :(

EvilJester400EX
04-05-2004, 04:42 AM
Crutch around as much as you can, you'll gain upper body strength, lol. I just sat around and did virtually nothing for 9 months when I shattered my knee. Wait until you get out of the cast and go into therapy, now that's the fun part.

SnellCRP
04-05-2004, 10:26 AM
Been there dude! Just last NOV broke my foot at Walnut IL on a practice day. I had it in a walking cast. One of those "moonboots". It seemed like forever until I finally got it off and could ride again. At least you'll get a good supply of pain killers for when it happens again.

CTmxyfz
04-05-2004, 01:41 PM
ride with a cast around the yard. i did with one of my wrist.:devil: don't go too fast and fall.:eek2: been there, done that, and almost re broke it:rolleyes:

LTandRaptorider
04-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by SnellCRP
[B At least you'll get a good supply of pain killers for when it happens again. [/B]

Take the pain... and sell the painkillers! ;)

BKex
04-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu
I didnt get mine casted. It'll affect me years down the road though. :(

same here when I broke my foot last july never got it casted, still hurts every now and then.

hondafox440
04-05-2004, 05:12 PM
I've broken both feet (not badly, just hairline fractures). Just keep weight off of them and use the crutches. I got a special splint for my left one when I broke it, and nothing on my right when I did it.

atvrider12764
04-05-2004, 05:13 PM
my favorite part was when i go to shoping places with my mom i got to get one of those electric wheelchairs....man those things are pretty powerful...but after i got those i went for regular ones becsue u can wheelie them,......fun times

CTmxyfz
04-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Just look at it this way. Better to crash on that than new 450r you want.

xr50layke
04-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by chucked
dude it sucksssss ballllllllllssssssssssssssss. I just took oxycontin and played vice city, when i broke my ankle last june 27th.

I had to get surgury done on my toe (ingrown toe nail) and no they didnt just take out my nail and that was that...i had it ingrown for 2 years and was very infected, all around my toe...so they had to remove big, long, chunks of skin, looked like someone drove a vampire stake between the sides of my toe. it wouldnt stop bleeding for a week, and the bandages were hard to take off because the nerves were still dying or something, the second week, my nurse changed, into this old cranky lady that wanted to speed everything up by an hour :rolleyes:, the origanal nurse i had was HOT :devil: and she would let me do the bandages myself :). so what i did all 3 weeks was stay in my parents bed playing PS2. Im buying MX UNLEASHED this week so ill tell you if its not just another one of those racing games that you beat and stop liking it or what. I had to take oxycontin for pain, tylenol 3 for pain etc.

ps - if you have an ingrown toenail, get it fixed immediately. and then if its bad, if you have to stuff your wounds with bandage, rip them out as fast as possible, for the least amount of pain.

it was hard to shower because water got in the garbage bag.

CowsBitePeople
04-05-2004, 08:15 PM
I hope you have a nice generous gf;)

300EXrider02
04-07-2004, 04:01 PM
i am glad to see you all expirenced the same crap :D

I got one of those moon boots too, I luckliy do not have a cast...but boy do my arm pits hurt from the crutches...my arms are getting a good use and will be pretty big by the end:p

as for my generous gf....I am getting all the loving I need this weekend...

have not gone to the store yet and picked up a electric chair...but next time you can bet your *** that thats the first thing i am crutching too:D

about 4-6 weeks I am going to hopefully have the 450r, so while I cant ride I am going to fix up the 300, and sell it...kind of a good in a way:cool: