PDA

View Full Version : what should i do?

Pvt. Maggot
04-03-2004, 11:11 PM
well..i bought all the parts for my 300 motor..put it together...won't run...tried everything..i've pretty much given up..i think the cylinder i bought is warped cuz the head gasket looks like the gas was being pushed out by the metal ring..i tightened the bolts down as tight as i could...still no luck..so i'm thinking about selling the motor..bottom end..good head with valves..electircs and stuff...and buying a 350x motor or something else..how much do you think i could get for all my 300 stuff..and what motor do you think i should go with..i wanna keep up with or beat my brothers 400..i want a klx300 motor but there so hard to find...i dunno any help would be great..thank you!

diesel-mech
04-04-2004, 11:41 AM
are you sure you have it timed right? Is your cam off a toothe? Do you have spark? If you sure the head or cylinder is wrapped use a staight edge(steel ruler) and a .002 feeler gauge to be sure. you may be able to lap it and straighten it out. find a larger piece of glass(has to be absolutly flat!) get a full sheet of 600grit sand paper coat it with karrosine(sp) or diesel fuel, lay the sand paper on the glass take your head(sealing surface down) and do figure8's on the sand paper. if your head is not flat this can help flatten it. if its too wrapped you have to have it machined. be careful about having it machined because your timing chain adjustment has to take up the slack. If you do lap it you'll have to look hard to find some sandpaper large enough for the head. I typically only lap small parts. Doing a head or jug is giong to be tough but it can be done. Good luck remember to clean it very well with hot soapy water to get all the sand out of it! solivant won't work good enough

Pvt. Maggot
04-04-2004, 10:53 PM
bump..i want another motor anyway so i think i'll prob get a 350x motor..how much do you think i could get for this stuff?

2002 300ex bottom end..perfect shape..polished cases
20 over cylinder
20 over high compression piston brand new rings
new head with valves
head with a little damage and 3 valves..could be fixed?
stock bore cylinder
electrical
stock headpipe

just wondering :) thanks

sly400ex
04-04-2004, 11:36 PM
Few hundred dollars maybe...