PDA

View Full Version : chain,sproket,and gearing help/sugestions

4wheelboy
04-03-2004, 07:04 PM
im just wondering what kind of chain and sprokets u would recomend. also what gearing would be best for me i want to go as high as i can in the front and smaller in the back and that should give me pretty good top end rite. but i dont want to lose that much bottom . also i run 20 inch klaws now and will be changing to 18s soon if that helps any thanks? :confused:;)

04-03-2004, 08:26 PM
just get a 16 tooth renthal sprocket up front & I would leave your rear end the same...if you want more top end but dont want to lsoe alot of bottom then all u need is a 16 prob....get renthal brand too....they are the very best...thye are even better than sidewinder sproclets which cost twice as much

4wheelboy
04-03-2004, 10:08 PM
i dont even think i can run a 16 up front on a 300ex unless i get rid of my case saver and i dont feel like taking that chance. any one esle have any input. also i doubt renthal better den sidewinder. personly dont like renthal because on my kx 80 i went through one in about two rides:o

04-03-2004, 11:38 PM
well im sorry about that..i just realized you had a 300ex...just got up a tooth from your front & you'll be fine...how come you doubt that renthal is better than sidewinder? automatically people think sidewinder is the best b/c they charge outrageous prices & you think you get what you pay for which is NOT true.....they are good but nothing exceptional, especially for the price. & if you went through a renthal sprocket in 2 rides you have something else wrong with your chain being loose or something....:rolleyes: good luck

4wheelboy
04-04-2004, 10:55 AM
anyone else bump?:confused:

hondafreestyler
04-04-2004, 12:27 PM
yah ... my advice is DONT LISTEN TO THAT KID ...

renthal sprockets are not even CLOSE to sidewinder ... I just picked up a sponsership with sidewinder ... thier spockets are amazing ...

jonc623
04-04-2004, 02:17 PM
yah ... my advice is DONT LISTEN TO THAT KID ...

renthal sprockets are not even CLOSE to sidewinder ... I just picked up a sponsership with sidewinder ... thier spockets are amazing

dude wait till you have a problem with sidewinder i was full sponsered with them a few years ago and i got free sprokets and they suck ***** i would just go get sunstar they are pretty got and i have never broken one and yes go a little bigger on your front sproket of smaller on your rear one and you should keep your top end remember this 1 tooth on front is like 3 on the rear

4wheelboy
04-04-2004, 03:12 PM
il probally just go down on the rear to make up or the 18s:)

hondafreestyler
04-04-2004, 04:15 PM
lol ...

oh ppl make me laugh ... i love it ...

But seriously ... yah ... some ppl do have problems with sidewinder ... but obviously something wasn't right if a sunstar is lasting longer than a sidewinder man ...

its common sense that ti-moly is going to last longer than mild steel or alumn.