PDA

View Full Version : Stripped Bolt..

Punk'd
04-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Man i hate when this happens.. does anyone know how to get it out? :( Thanks yall

Randy

Bill Fuller
04-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Buy an easy out.Most any auto store will have them or try Sears.You will need to drill a pilot holr in the center of the broken bolt so if you don't have any drill bits buy them also.If there is any part of the bolt you can get a punch on then I would try that first.Start at the edge and punch a small dimple in the bolt ,next carefully and patiently begin to tap the bolt counter clockwise to see if you can get it to turn,repeat until you can get some vise grips on whats left.
Hope this helps.

HayWire
04-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Buy an easy out.Most any auto store will have them or try Sears.You will need to drill a pilot holr in the center of the broken bolt so if you don't have any drill bits buy them also.If there is any part of the bolt you can get a punch on then I would try that first.Start at the edge and punch a small dimple in the bolt ,next carefully and patiently begin to tap the bolt counter clockwise to see if you can get it to turn,repeat until you can get some vise grips on whats left.
Hope this helps.

Exactly what id do I second that .......

Punk'd
04-03-2004, 07:43 PM
thanks guys yes it helps alot.. thanks alot!!:D