PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Results

nakomis0
04-03-2004, 04:53 PM
Well just got back from the Dyno thought I might post the results...

First off I wanna say i had my quad dyno'd before with almost all the mods except the FCR.. and we didn't have slicks so the quad bounced around alot. It pulled a 35hp.

So today we went with all the mods in my sig. and even had slicks..

I was hoping for around 40.. and I pulled a 43. I was pretty happy. We jetted it the best we could but its still not perfect, I need to order a special tapered needle for the FCR so we can get it tuned in 100%. That might add another .5-1hp that would be cool, but overall I'm pretty happy.

The Baseline dyno when I brought it there with 'my' jetting was 39hp, so just the correct tuning found 4hp.

After I got to take it for a few 100yd. passes. It felt pretty good. The holeshot all the way up to 3rd gear is awesome... .. after that the pull is decent, but isnt as aggressive, but I'm hoping the new needle will take care of some of that.

Welp.. just wanted to post .. maybe show some guys what the real, rear wheel HP is, and what to expect from simular mods.

cals400ex
04-03-2004, 06:14 PM
i have a few questions for you:

1. what mainjet was used?
2. what pilot jet?
3. what main air jet?
4. what needle do you need?

just trying to get my bike tuned in. thanks
also, did you mod your accel pump on the fcr so it doesn't shoot gas for the complete 4 to 6 seconds?

f1502nv
04-03-2004, 06:19 PM
????? yes we want to know????

norcalatver
04-03-2004, 07:20 PM
???::cool:

nakomis0
04-03-2004, 07:27 PM
Good questions guys. I knew there was something I forgot.:)

The pilot jet and main air jet are whatever came stock in the FCR.

The Main jet is a 190.
The needle clip all the way to the top.... stock FCR needle, btw.

As far as what needle do I need? He has to look in the book I guess.

The little problem we are having is when we jumped the main jet to get the air/fuel ratio correct on the top end, it bumped the mid slightly rich.... . And sense the needle clip is already as high as possible , no way to lean it out that way.

Actually the main jet would probably be better being 1 or 2 jets higher... but then I would be making my mid even worse. So we may jump a main jet size with this new tapered needle.

nakomis0
04-03-2004, 07:31 PM
No accel. mod

cals400ex
04-03-2004, 07:55 PM
here is a thread about the accel pump:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=49845

holy crap, a 190 main?? i have a feeling your rich as hell on the main and your lean on the needle. in other words i think your rich mainjet is masking your lean clip location and vice versa. also another problem your having is the accel pump i bet. this accel pump shoots gas somewhere between 4 and 6 seconds straight when you nail the gas. so, this stream of gas will richen the air/fuel ratio. i think you are actually suppose to unhook the accel pump when tuning in your bike.

also, i assume you mean midrange throttle, not midrange. the throttle position is what matters.

i am not sure, this is just my guess. however, let me know what you get figured out. i think norcal dynoed his bike and found the best mainjet on a dyno was a keihin 160 main jet. let us know!!!

nakomis0
04-03-2004, 08:27 PM
Heh.... full race port, oversized valves and an e-series with 13 disks flows pretty well aye.:)

As long as I can remember after my porting and valves, the smallest main I ever used was a 178.. and thats with a needle clip in any and every position....

The dyno has a sniffer.. don't know what to say.. its hoooked to a computer.. its more accurate than me.

and ya ur right I did mean midrange throttle...

And when I'm saying its slightly off I really mean slightly. The graph goes from 10 (rich) to 18(lean), inbetween 12-13 is perfect.

with the 190 jet, clip at the top.. mid is perfect 12-13, the top is at 14.2 (lean) ..produced 42.9 hp

With a 200 main, clip at the top.. mid was 11.2-11.8 (slightly rich), the top was at 12.5-13.5(almost close enought to perfect) .. produced 42.0 hp

norcalatver
04-03-2004, 09:10 PM
nakomis0, can you post your dyno results?

nakomis0
04-03-2004, 11:23 PM
It was a pian had to DL the software for this 'cool-cam' but.. heres the hp dyno...

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/343000-343999/343319_46.jpg

nakomis0
04-03-2004, 11:26 PM
and heres the air/fuel ratio.....

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/7/web/343000-343999/343319_47.jpg

The pictures aren't the best, but.. its the best I can do... seems theres a huge glare on the front part of this pic.. but theres not much to see... you can see at the end of the graph the line jumps up into the lean area.

you can see the blue line, its perfect in the mid, then it jumps lean at the end. thats the 190 main.

The red line is where we put the 200 jet in.

cals400ex
04-03-2004, 11:46 PM
who did the headporting?? also, what size valves are you running?

f1502nv
04-04-2004, 06:55 PM
i have an emp needle in mine!!

nakomis0
04-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
who did the headporting?? also, what size valves are you running?

A local guy, use to work at Magics Racing, now works for Vitos Performance. No clue what valves, got them from MagicRacing.

F150 do you know any characteristics of that Emp needle? is Emp the company name that makes it? Let me know if you could I'll be going back there sometime tuesday or wensday to try and find a needle to order.

cals400ex
04-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by nakomis0
A local guy, use to work at Magics Racing, now works for Vitos Performance. No clue what valves, got them from MagicRacing.

F150 do you know any characteristics of that Emp needle? is Emp the company name that makes it? Let me know if you could I'll be going back there sometime tuesday or wensday to try and find a needle to order.

i believe the emr is the stock needle. if i am not mistaken, the emp is just one or two sizes richer on the diameter of the needle. C&D will probably have them in stock if you give them a ring.

f1502nv
04-05-2004, 05:03 PM
ya check with c & d for the size...i know they have them!!!!