PDA

View Full Version : gnc at birch creek

norrisboat
04-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Anybody have an update from the gnc at birch creek? mx not cross country.

Scottie Mac
04-03-2004, 05:37 PM
The track is in pretty good shape considering we had so much rain this week. Didn't really get a lot of results, but you guys will like the fact that Joe Byrd is now riding a TRX450R and he won the Pro qualifier with Wimmer coming in second and Creech coming in third.

From my point of view, the Hondas seem to be doing pretty good. I saw a lot of holeshots today and they varied depending on the riders. Did talk to a couple of people who really liked their Honda's, only complaints I heard was how the rears tend to be a little wild when the braking bumps get really bad. I have been taking some nice pics, when I get back I will try to find someone to post them. Got a great pic and video of Joe Byrd jumping the 110 ft uphill triple. That is the biggest jump on the GNC tour and it is truly impressive to see those guys hit that thing.

Pro practice was awesome. I knew they were fast, but dayum!

Scott

cgmxer115
04-03-2004, 06:30 PM
tracks great, nice to see a few more hondas in the pro class , should start to see more and more red as soon as they get them figured out and dialed in. I did see another 450R blow apart the kick starter, Mark Baldwin took a look at it and took a picture of it to send to honda. That triple looks KICK @$$ when they fly over it. In pro practise , Gust and Farr looked very impressive and very smooth. Jones looked crazy fast but not as smooth as them. Will see tomorow

norrisboat
04-03-2004, 08:16 PM
cool. keep it coming. I can post pics if you need them done.

jst
04-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Some one hook us up w/pics!!!

racerx573
04-04-2004, 05:33 PM
I blew my engine in my 265 B qualifier while trying to make a charge from the back after at first corner tangle up. I could have caught up if my engine didn't blow... oh well sh1t happens.

NEXT TIME!

Scottie Mac
04-04-2004, 06:58 PM
A couple of observations from Round 4

1) Tim Farr's Honda is fast as $hit, period! He pulled both holeshots and almost won the overall.

2) Doug Gust is the BEST ATV Racer in the world right now, and I couldn't be happier. Because, he is an older guy like myself and riding a machine no one thought would be competative.

3) If J Jones ever gets his engine straight as far as starts (he alsways gets bad starts - ie Mike Laraco) he is going to beat everyone's arses.

As far as what manufacturer makes the best MX quad, if there is one thing I noticed this weekend, ALL of the quads, yellow, red and blue, ALL won races, pulled holeshots and were represented. Guess Pappy was right, it DOES come down to the rider!!!

I saw Honda's pull holeshots and fall back to 8th place finishes. I saw Yamaha's dominate the starting gate numbers and get beat by a Suzuki. I even saw a Cannondale pull a holeshot.

This is simply the BEST TIME EVER to be a sport atv rider!!! And when Zuki brings out there 45, it is only going to be better.

Scott

PS
I also heard a rumor that Polaris (don't laugh) is in the process of building a 450 class machine that is supposed to be loaded. Hey, I used to race jet skis and Polaris brought out a ski with all the high dollar motor parts already included. It could happen......

jst
04-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Great input Scottiemac

quadchick3
04-05-2004, 11:05 AM
Ah birch creek was freakin cold this year!!! It was like a dustbowl out there i sware (but it was better than the snow we were cursed with the year before)

I took 4th overall in Womens B/C i was pretty happy with that.

One thing though that was horrible was the flaggers. The track decided to hire a bunch of local cheerleaders (no joke) they just sat there waving flags and cheering. and when they werent doing that they were sitting with their arms in the coats all cold. They had no idea how to flag i had about 3 friends that got DQ'ed this weekend because the flaggers werent doing their job.

TCracin440ex
04-05-2004, 01:38 PM
i was at birch creek yea it was a dust bowl...my face got wind chapped and so did my lips....it was fun watching tim farr in the final spank gust....but in that first moto farr and gust jumped in the air side by side and that was sick shyt off that triple...i met fellow exrider member and owner harlen foley there...i go to birch creek every weekend to practice at that track but man i just cant get enuff of the nationals there...they are wild esp. the pro class....i was glad tim won atleast 1 moto....tim did pull off some amazing holeshots i was amazed how he jumped infront of the pack like that...doug was knockin on tims back door both motos, the whole way thru moto1 tim held gust off untill he got tired and couldnt hold him off any more...then 2nd moto tim paced him self more and didnt wear him self out to be able to hold off gust the whole race...the 2nd pro heat was amazing...

im waiting for harlen to post his pics of the race ive got to get my film developed to get the pics i snapped during heat 2 race...

dana creech and number 32 (cant remember who he was) but both of them lost their exhaust....creech lost his head pipe, and 32 lost his exhaust so their bikes were sputtering and popping and that caused them to loose alot of time and position...

but the most amazing thing i saw of all time yesterday was when gust and farr were side by side in the air...i mean 1 little mistake on either part and there would have went BOTH of the 2 best pro ridders out there cuz they were about 70 ft in the air no joke....if not higher

redroost85
04-05-2004, 02:26 PM
Loving the info guys....I'm ready for pics now, lol!:macho

TCracin440ex
04-05-2004, 03:33 PM
harlen should have some good pics...i hope he got a pic of farr and gust in the air side by side togethere cuz thats going to be my desktop wall paper

walker054
04-05-2004, 07:09 PM
matt white (32) was the other that lost his exhaust, three trx450 in pro class: Farr, Byrd, Plante

Scottie Mac
04-05-2004, 07:15 PM
Saying Farr spanked Gust is a little bit of a stretch don't you think? They were never more than a couple of quad lengths apart the entire race. Gust actually pulled even on numerous occasions, but just didn't have enough motor to get around. In the first moto, once Gust got by, he walked away from everyone but JJ, who was right on his rear bumper at the finish.

Those three guys are simply the best in the world, bar none. It almost looked like the rest of the class started late because they were WAY back.

It was a great day for ATV racing, all three manufacturers were represented on the podium, proving all the manufacturers have a competative machine with the right amount of R&D and money.

Scott

Can't wait til Budds in two weeks.

TCracin440ex
04-05-2004, 07:34 PM
scottie...was u standing down at the podium when farr spoke....farr said that moto-1 he wore himself out and couldnt hold gust off any more....yea gust was chewing at tim's arse the whole time....jj is really good too...but he did better on a 2 stroke....

i still like the part when farr and gust was side by side in the air....gust, farr and jones are the 3 top competitors right now....

also scottie...did u see the yfz 450 that caught on fire?? burnt that thing slam up

cgmxer115
04-05-2004, 08:25 PM
I hope some one got that picture of tim and doug side by side over the triple, it was the coolest thing this weekend, besides watching Tim come flying into the 1st turn with the throttle WFO 2 times. Also in production A, i hope someone got a pic of that quad that was 10 feet over my head coming into the 1st turn, think it was a Yam 450... just missed me:eek2:

TCracin440ex
04-05-2004, 08:42 PM
wat was the number...my boy raced that class....number 28 chet ardoin...hes good

Scottie Mac
04-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
scottie...was u standing down at the podium when farr spoke....farr said that moto-1 he wore himself out and couldnt hold gust off any more....yea gust was chewing at tim's arse the whole time....jj is really good too...but he did better on a 2 stroke....

i still like the part when farr and gust was side by side in the air....gust, farr and jones are the 3 top competitors right now....

also scottie...did u see the yfz 450 that caught on fire?? burnt that thing slam up

Yeah, I heard Farr after the first race, but what did you think he was going to say... "yeah, I got passes... twice.. on my Factory ride...." Of course he was going to make an excuse. Ever been to a supercross race? I always get a kick out of the guys who finished second and third explaining the reason there (insert manufacturer) machine was the best, but this, that or the other kept them from winning.

I wish I woudl have got that shot of Farr and Gust in the air, it was impressive. But even more than that was how freakin fast those guys go thru the turns. I tried to listen to hear when they were letting off, dang if I could ever hear it.

Saw the YFZ, it was a mess. ALso saw the TRX with the broken cases. Supposedly Baldwin was going to try and help the guy out. But, seeing that he has modded it for racing, I kinda feel like the guy is up the creek.

All in all, was a great weekend. Can't wait til Budds, although it doesn't have the air time that Birch has. Still, can't complain, two Nationals in our back yard, better than most.

Scott

TCracin440ex
04-05-2004, 09:22 PM
scott what part of va u from??....im from lynchburg, va..an hr away from danville....

nah tim really was exhausted at the end of moto-1...i went up to his trailer right after the moto and he looked like he had just ran a 20 mile marathon.....shyt after moto-1 creech laid on the ramp of his trailer and went to sleep...man i thought i ran the piss outta my bike....but them pros got me beat by far...they never let off the gas in the turns i think what they do is when they come in the turns pull the clutch in and hold the throttle and then outta turns drop the clutch...

norrisboat
04-06-2004, 12:32 AM
i just wish we could get good coverage of the gnc's. nobody has any coverage.

Scottie Mac
04-06-2004, 06:12 AM
Harlen was there and he is supposed to be posting a bunch of stuff soon.

TC-

Yeah, you watch them ride, you get a woodie thinking how bad you want to ride, you try to do what they do, and you are humbled because you suck. That is pretty much how I feel about the pros. They are amazing. I mean, I was trying to watch the battle up front and keep one eye on some of the other action around the track. The mid packers are still fast as shyt!

I am from Ashland, VA, about 20 miles north of Richmond. I don't make it down to Danville too much, it is a hike! But, I do go to just about every other D13 race - Actiontown, Dinwiddie, Elizabeth City and Sussex.

Scott

Admin
04-06-2004, 06:19 AM
Full Birch Creek GNC Racing Coverage will be up in a few days. I am extremely busy at work and have to work overtime this week, which is delaying the coverage, but it is coming and worth the wait.

jcv400ex
04-06-2004, 07:53 AM
Good harlen, I was beginning to think you didn't like the MX guys! :D We need good coverage on Motocross like the GNCC coverage you do. I can't wait to see what pics you got!

TCracin440ex
04-06-2004, 08:30 AM
yea harlen also snapped a pic of me at the dust bowl...that wind had messed me all up...but i still enjoyed the race and still enjoyed watching tim shoot off the line....tim farr has what it takes to win...far as mechanic wise, quad wise, and all that stuff...imo its hondas the 1 that is not lettin mark baldwin and tim farr do what they do best...they have strict limitations on them 2 and what they can and cant do to that quad...i think im going to get me a 450r this year and imma build mine exactly like tim's cept for the DG products...imma have a TC exhaust instead of DG

Admin
04-06-2004, 08:55 AM
imma have a TC exhaust instead of DG

:eek: I am totally surprised that you would use a TC exhaust. I never knew you like Tom Carlson's Products:devil:

lol!!

jst
04-06-2004, 10:27 AM
Thank you Harlen,your reward is my patience.

TCracin440ex
04-06-2004, 01:21 PM
TC has good stuff....hes got good motors, him and sparks both are the top builders imo...

Admin
04-06-2004, 02:45 PM
TC has good stuff....hes got good motors, him and sparks both are the top builders imo...

I have used them both, and I have had good experiences. I will say that you don't want to be in a hurry with either.

I was mainly just picking on you because your name has TC in it and your Avatar is TC Racing.

TCracin440ex
04-06-2004, 02:52 PM
yea its all good...im still waitin for the race coverage....im sure u got some good pics...i need to check with my friend about the pic of farr and gust in the air side by side together...they was taking pics all day im sure they proally got 1....if they do im def gonna post it

AtvMxRider
04-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
Full Birch Creek GNC Racing Coverage will be up in a few days. I am extremely busy at work and have to work overtime this week, which is delaying the coverage, but it is coming and worth the wait.

I think work just needs to wait :devil: We need pics:D .

TCracin440ex
04-06-2004, 03:06 PM
jerry did u happen to roll to birch creek on saturday or sunday?? i was there sunday when all the good action went down....im still shocked at how fast them pros are....they go arround that track in no time...and that track is a mile and quater long somethin like that....

AtvMxRider
04-06-2004, 03:21 PM
jerry did u happen to roll to birch creek on saturday or sunday?? i was there sunday when all the good action went down....im still shocked at how fast them pros are....they go arround that track in no time...and that track is a mile and quater long somethin like that....

No my kids had a race at Southfork that weekend. I would have liked to go. I've seen bikes hit that triple I can't imagine quads doing it:eek:

RemNS
04-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Hey Guys,
I know everyone wants pics and posts ASAP but we usually dont get home until Monday Morning then put in a day of working a fulltime Job then coming home and unloading and cleaning and then try to spend at least an hour with the family before finally passing out for the night!

It's a hard job but someone has to do it

I think that if we made the money as to where we didnt have to have another job outside of ATV RACING MEDIA then the reports and pics would be up within a day!

Anyway, we will be posting videos of the Macon Race and the Danville Race before the end of the week. We have some sick video of the triple at Macon and the big triple at Danville.

For those of you hat are asking for more GNC coverage, we will have every MX and TT race report on here this year! We film every national throughout the year!

For those of you that are asking for video of every class ( entire races) then give us a call. We film every class from the Pro's to the 50's and put out a DVD for every race. The DVD's are dual sided and provide a lot of behind the scenes footage along with pro and amateur video and at least 2 hours of full Bar to Bar racing action.

Check out some of the video we have posted from Monster Mountain and Gatorback and you'll see what I mean!

Also, for those of you that were wondering about the ATV SPORT TV show on Saturday, the show WILL be on tomorrow 04-07-04 at 11:30 on the Outdoor channel. I think that you guys will be more than happy with the show. We got the VHS Copy back and loved the final cut of it! Check it out and give some feedback on it on here!

Later,

Rick Frisco
Rem-N-S Productions
(724)785-5332

Mr_400Ex
04-06-2004, 09:41 PM
Rick

Do yall have a website to order from?

thanks,

Nathan Z

RemNS
04-07-2004, 07:07 AM
Nathan,

Our website is undergoing a major update. it will be up within 2 weeks!
We planned on having it ready 4 weeks ago but a new trailer took the time away from us! We have every national so just give us a call! Call after 4 PM< and we are there. We can answer any quesions you have!

You can check out our old website at www.remnsproductions.com

EX Ridrs will soon fly our Web banners for our site but we gotta update it first!

Thanks,
Rick Frisco
(724)785-5332

Scottie Mac
04-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
No my kids had a race at Southfork that weekend. I would have liked to go. I've seen bikes hit that triple I can't imagine quads doing it:eek:

Jerry,

What did you think of the new Southfork track and facilities?

Was it a mess with all the rain?

Scott

AtvMxRider
04-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Scottie Mac
Jerry,

What did you think of the new Southfork track and facilities?

Was it a mess with all the rain?

Scott

Honestly I liked the old track layout better. David did a really nice job on the place but the track is super technical. The parking still sucks. One cool thing about it now though is Extreme Factory has a store at the track. The track was muddy as hell saturday but sunday for the bikes is was good.

Scottie Mac
04-08-2004, 05:00 PM
A buddy and myself went down a couple of weeks ago and walked the track. The first thing I thought was that David really taylored the track to the a-b class bike rider. Yes, it is super technical and a terrible quad track. But, he wants to attrack upper class mx bike riders, so I guess he did what he needed to do. I agree, I kinda miss the old track. It need some updating, but adding a few big jumps and cleaning up a little would have been better in my mind. Oh well, still plenty of other tracks to ride at in D13.

Scott

AtvMxRider
04-08-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Scottie Mac
A buddy and myself went down a couple of weeks ago and walked the track. The first thing I thought was that David really taylored the track to the a-b class bike rider. Yes, it is super technical and a terrible quad track. But, he wants to attrack upper class mx bike riders, so I guess he did what he needed to do. I agree, I kinda miss the old track. It need some updating, but adding a few big jumps and cleaning up a little would have been better in my mind. Oh well, still plenty of other tracks to ride at in D13.

Scott

I tell you what though ALOT of bikes were crashing. Quite a few broken bones out there sunday:( . The old track was an awesome quad track. What do you think of VMP? The track itself is nice but everything else about that place sucks. The spectating sucks the people that run it absolutely suck. I have been to all of d13's tracks and VMP is the only track we ever have a problem at.

Scottie Mac
04-08-2004, 05:37 PM
Jerry,

I think VMP is probably one of the best tracks, but yes, they have to be the worst freakin track to go to because of the COMPLETE IDIOTS that run it. Were you there two weeks ago when they had the big fiasco with the cancelling of the second moto? Myself, Thomas, Carson, my brother and Richie all wrote letters and emails to complain about the f'ed up display and we didn't even get responces. One buddy of mone threatened to call the ATVA/AMA and they wrote back that all the problems were caused by one ATV rider questioning the practice order. For one thing, eben if that did happen, they should not let one person change the organization of the event. I don't know, like I said, I love the track, but dealing with idiots is sometimes too much for me.

You going to practice this weekend? Are you and the kids going to come to the Outlaw Arena Cross at Miller's Tavern? They are having open practice next weekend.

Scott