PDA

View Full Version : the tire question

WOracing
04-03-2004, 11:26 AM
On my ex i have holeshot xc's but i dont like them for some reason. I am kinda leaning toward kenda claws now because ITP has let me down with the XCs. what do you guys think of the kenda claws. And what new rims should I get. Also i hear that the stock 450r axles bend on impact with a larger jump. I hear lonestar getting alot of credit. Is lonestar that good?
thanks in advance

4fiddyR
04-03-2004, 05:06 PM
Any axle can brake! I never rode my R with a stock axle, I had a Lonestar before I had my quad. So soon as I got it I swapped it out.
As far as axle quality goes and warranty, the RPM Dominator is the best on the market, 100% lifetime warranty against bending or braking, slightly higher in price, but the toughest axle out right now.
Lonestar offers a lifetime 100% warranty against bending or braking, and they have been around for a long time.
Then you have Durablue, they offer a limited lifetime warranty, against bending or braking. 1st bend or brake is replaced or fixed free of charge, any thereafter you pay a pro-rated fee.
There is other axle companies out there but I don't know enough about them to make a comment on them.

I have rode for over 10 years on quads, and I've been lucky enough to never brake an axle, I've bent a stock raptor axle.
But if I ever bent or broke an aftermarket axle I'd want it to be a 100% lifetime warrantied one, that way my investment is covered.

WOracing
04-03-2004, 05:16 PM
thanx i apreciate sum1 helping me out