PDA

View Full Version : **drilling Rims**

YFZWHEELIER
04-03-2004, 06:53 AM
i have a set of brand new rear douglas wheels with brand new razrs on them, can i take it to a tire place and have them drill the bolt pattern for a 400ex if i take the hub in there? it has the raptor pattern on it now and i wanna add the ex pattern...i dont no if i wanna try it myself cuz i dont wanna f n e thing up

thanks

mc1984
04-04-2004, 01:37 AM
I dont think that will work. If you look at a stock Honda rim it has steel bushings in it. The bushings are tapered so the lugnut fits tight up against them.

biker
04-04-2004, 06:01 AM
I dont think that will work. If you look at a stock Honda rim it has steel bushings in it. The bushings are tapered so the lugnut fits tight up against them.

what he said besides it would look pretty cheesey with 8 holes instead of 4. Buy new rims I would'nt take a chance on them beings as rigid either:)

skemp
04-04-2004, 06:05 PM
It can and has been done before. I would bring the hub and wheel to a machine shop were they can quickly and accurately drill the holes with the proper equipment. Most aftermarket rims don't have the sleeves like OEM wheels do anyway; you can just flip the nuts around or buy some new flange nuts. Saving money isn't always a bad thing.

mustang93
04-04-2004, 06:48 PM
:rolleyes: agree 100%

BigAl
04-04-2004, 07:44 PM
take a rattail file, and file each hole to take out 2.5mm towards the center of the wheel.

be very careful about only taking out material towards the center of the wheel, don't make the hole wider.

The difference is between Yamaha and Honda rears is only 5mm 110 vs.115, so it does not take much work, and the wheel will be fine as long as you keep the nuts tight and only file down.

mustang93
04-04-2004, 08:31 PM
just bring them to the Machine shop they will spin true and you wont have to chance scraping your rims

QCquad83
04-04-2004, 09:52 PM
only the stock honda rims have the bushing inside of them...but if you get aftermarket rims such as beadlocks all you do is flip the lug nut around...i had to drill out my beadlocks because one came loose and rounded out the holes...now it's good as new....