PDA

View Full Version : Carmichael on Suzukis

AtvMxRider
04-02-2004, 06:20 PM
What does everybody thing about Ricky signing with Suzuki for next year? Who do think will take his spot at Honda? I'm thinking it will be Sterwart.

Moto92
04-02-2004, 06:26 PM
from what i heard Honda is going after Reed

400exBro
04-02-2004, 06:29 PM
ricky is not with honda any more???

Windam, he is going to win it this year... he is fast!!!

AtvMxRider
04-02-2004, 06:31 PM
Ricky is with Honda the until Nov.

I just read about Chad Reed but what I can't believe is Stewart is thinking of going to KTM. Don't get me wrong KTM makes a fast bike I just can't see him riding them.

Moto92
04-02-2004, 06:33 PM
:eek: the whole mx world has gone mad :eek:

AtvMxRider
04-02-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro

Windam, he is going to win it this year... he is fast!!!

I would love to see him win but Chad Reed is alot faster. The outdoors will be different but supercross is going to be all Reed.

Guy400
04-02-2004, 06:42 PM
I believe anyone will go anywhere after seeing McGrath and Honda part ways after years of utter domination. Plus, this is Carmichael's easy way out. If he doesn't win next year he can blame it on inferior equipment rather than Reed, Windham and Stewart handing him his ***:D

AtvMxRider
04-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I believe anyone will go anywhere after seeing McGrath and Honda part ways after years of utter domination.

Honda is a hard company to ride for. They have too many demands put on thier riders. The reason McGrath left was because they tried telling him what he could and couldn't off the track.

xr50layke
04-02-2004, 08:00 PM
gnol os rof ssalc eht detanimod 521zy eht, ahamay edir lla dluow sorp eht thguoht syawla i

LTandRaptorider
04-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by xr50layke
gnol os rof ssalc eht detanimod 521zy eht, ahamay edir lla dluow sorp eht thguoht syawla i

I always thought the pros would all ride yamaha, the YZ125 dominated the class for so long... dyslexic not am I... :p

hessianmx111
04-02-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Honda is a hard company to ride for. They have too many demands put on thier riders. The reason McGrath left was because they tried telling him what he could and couldn't off the track.
that and he loved his 1993 style frame and his bikes every year were a 93 frame with the newer plastics and engine and the like and in 97 when honda decided to go with the aluminum frame he couldnt have his 93 frame anymore so that was another factor that made him go zuki, lets just hope rc's switch goes better then mcgraths did for that year with zuki

hondafox440
04-02-2004, 11:01 PM
Yea, word is Bubba is going KTM.

I could never root for Reed, even if he is on a Honda. I don't like him at all. I bet K-dub will be a bigger contendor next year, with more training back under his belt. He will definitely give Ricky a run for his money outdoors this year.

K-Dub and Larocco each have 1 year left with Honda..

hessianmx111
04-02-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
Yea, word is Bubba is going KTM.

I could never root for Reed, even if he is on a Honda. I don't like him at all. I bet K-dub will be a bigger contendor next year, with more training back under his belt. He will definitely give Ricky a run for his money outdoors this year.

K-Dub and Larocco each have 1 year left with Honda..
ahh reed's a lil cocky but seems like a good guy i mean hes getting paid to win and when he doesnt he understandably gets frustrated

Jeffksf
04-03-2004, 05:48 AM
where are you reading these rumors? Or are you just making them up??

Nevermind I found it on racerxill.com, you should post the link to the story when something like this happens.

Jeffksf
04-03-2004, 06:14 AM
Now that I've had time to read about it and let it soak in, I'm really shocked that they signed and announced it this early. I think if RC wanted to stay on Red he woulda waited atleast a few rounds in to the nationals to sign with anyone don't you think? This has to be one of the earliest signing announcments ever? He musta really wanted outa there, thats my thinking.

I can't see Bubba being the guinea pig for the KTM 250 though....

I wonder how much a mfgs. 4-stroke development will weigh into the decisions of these riders?

AtvMxRider
04-03-2004, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Jeffksf
where are you reading these rumors? Or are you just making them up??

Nevermind I found it on racerxill.com, you should post the link to the story when something like this happens. :huh :rolleyes:

AlaskaSpeed
04-03-2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

yep, that's the same reason I kicked my Honda to the curb....:D

hondafox440
04-03-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by hessianmx111
ahh reed's a lil cocky but seems like a good guy i mean hes getting paid to win and when he doesnt he understandably gets frustrated

A little cocky? Haha.. Reed is a whiny little ***** when he doesn't win. He once complained that the track was "too easy" for him, which is why he didn't win. Come on :rolleyes:

He is a very good rider though, one of the best indoors. He needs to change his attitude though. Look at Bubba - faster than Reed and great with the media. Never complains and doesn't make excuses. I don't think Reed will be remembered as the greatest SX rider of all time because of this. We need more guys like Rick Johnson, who if they lost simply said "I sucked tonight, it was my fault and no one elses."..

HoNdAdude48
04-03-2004, 10:07 AM
i think that ricky needs to go back to kawasaki, thats the bike that got him where he is now, people need to learn its not all about money and stay true to one color, green. If stewart goes to ktm next year im gonna be pissed, i like stewart cuz hes humble and doesnt flaunt the fact that he kicks ***.

jb500ex
04-03-2004, 10:28 AM
honda has too give bubba whatever he want's now. im a little pissed at RC

HoNdAdude48
04-03-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by jb500ex
im a little pissed at RC

im very pissed at rc

hondafox440
04-03-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
honda has too give bubba whatever he want's now. im a little pissed at RC

What? Bubba has already signed on with KTM for 05..

infantry317
04-03-2004, 01:52 PM
(Straight from RC, sounds like he wanted a long term deal and they wouldn't do it) - This is off www.racerxill.com

April 3, 2004

An Open Letter To The Fans From Ricky Carmichael

What a day Friday was! My phone was ready to explode with calls from everyone. Let me begin by reminding everyone that I am a motorcycle racer...not a public speaker or professional press release author.

If there is one thing that I have learned in my career it is how important motocross fans are to me. I have made some mistakes with the fans in the past. I regret ever wearing that crazy cape and crown at the US Open a few years ago, and I regret not being able to tell everyone about the Honda deal when I signed with them in 2001until it was too late.

I have promised myself that I will do my best to keep you guys up to speed on what is happening in my career, hopefully you have noticed my efforts this past season.

Let's get right to it. Yes, I have signed an agreement to race with Team Suzuki beginning with the 2005 SX season. I am looking forward to working with Roger DeCoster and will do my best to help put Suzuki back on top. I'm not sure which bike I will be racing but I know that I will have the option to test both the 2-stroke and the 4-stroke. I know Suzuki has a quality bike and is very committed to winning.

This past Thursday I got back on a motorcycle for the first time in months and it feels great. I am already focused on the outdoor season and winning another title riding a Honda. Please understand that my undivided attention will be with Honda until my contract is up. When I begin with Suzuki I will show them the same respect.

Honda hired me to win races and championships. Fortunately, I have been able to deliver 4 Championships to them as well as the only perfect season to date in 2002. I want to make sure that everyone understands that I have a really good relationship with Team Honda. The race team has done everything possible to put me on the best equipment available. My original intention was to finish my career at Honda. The bottom line is that Honda chose not exercise its right to keep me for the remainder of my career.

Moving forward...I will do my absolute best to win another championship this summer. I know Honda is committed to winning, and I am sure they will continue to give me 100% of their support to meet this goal. I have made some life long friends at Team Honda and will always have great respect for them.

I know there are a lot of questions out there about who my mechanic will be in the future, etc. Please bear with me as my team works out all of the details over the next few months. I will do my best to keep everyone up to speed as things progress...please understand that my focus is on racing now and specifically on winning my 8th consecutive outdoor title.

Thanks for your support,

Ricky Carmichael

jb500ex
04-03-2004, 01:55 PM
bubba has not signed with anyone yet neither has chad reed

hondafox440
04-03-2004, 04:16 PM
From Cyclenews- "And that may not be the biggest motocross news of the day as other reports indicate that Bubba Stewart will soon sign a contract with the Red Bull KTM team."

So technically he isn't on KTM yet, but he is planning to go there. I guess something like what happened with T. Owens and the Ravens/Eagles could happen though..

xr50layke
04-04-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
I always thought the pros would all ride yamaha, the YZ125 dominated the class for so long... dyslexic not am I... :p

stop decypting my secret messages :mad:

southbeach14
04-04-2004, 01:51 PM
home is where the money is, carmichael could even win on ktms

Juggalo
04-04-2004, 06:31 PM
i think charmical on a suzuki will be a little weird. honda is making him switch to the 4 stroke and maybe he only wants to ride the 2 stroke? suzuki has their new thumper comin out tho. i dunno but whatever the reason is it will be a nice change of pace.

bubba on the other hand i would love to see ride for KTM. i wanna see KTM get some big wins under their belt really bad.

whatever happens its gonna be one awesome season

AtvMxRider
04-05-2004, 07:09 PM
Just read on racerkill that Reed may have signed with Honda this morning. More details to follow.

Guy400
04-05-2004, 07:14 PM
I personally like Reed and I'd love to see him on a Honda next year. While I'm spilling my guts I'd also like to say I've never liked Carmichael, even when he was on a Kaw:)

hsr
04-05-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by HoNdAdude48
i think that ricky needs to go back to kawasaki, thats the bike that got him where he is now, people need to learn its not all about money and stay true to one color, green. If stewart goes to ktm next year im gonna be pissed, i like stewart cuz hes humble and doesnt flaunt the fact that he kicks ***.

What??? humble...far from it, he is the cockiest rider in the sport. The second he crosses the finish line, he's rolling around on the ground humping the stadium floor. i guess he can afford to do this though, his riding can back it all up

Bean
04-05-2004, 10:36 PM
reed is a damn good rider, i personally like carey hart, not as a racer or anything, just cause i think he is humble from what i have seen, most of them dirtbikers are showboats

kgbg
04-06-2004, 11:13 AM
If you were Honda, why would you decided not to renew Ricky's contract? Only because you had somebody better to replace him. The only people that can possibly fall into that are Bubba, and MAYBE Reed (at least on the SX tracks).

seatec
04-06-2004, 11:20 AM
kgbg. very good point. HOnda is like a MOnkey. THey never let go of one branch before they have hold of another!