PDA

View Full Version : re-Greasing A-arms

ajcroft
04-02-2004, 05:37 PM
Is there anything that I need to know about regreasing the bushing for my A-arms? Or do Is just as easy as taken the a-arms off and lubing them.

sprtrx300ex
04-02-2004, 07:03 PM
When you take your A-arms off there will be a rubber dust seal on each side. Take them out and clean them, remove all out grease, clean, and fill with alot of new grease, reassemble. Make sure you torque every bolt down to the right torque.

Its also a good idea to take off you shocks and grease up the bushings on the bottom. Take you shocks and run them under the hose for a little bit. It will remove all dirt causing skueeking and make them shinner. Grease bottom and reassemble. Torque down.

ajcroft
04-05-2004, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the reply. How often do you dissemble and regrease your A-arms?

sprtrx300ex
04-05-2004, 08:44 PM
I make sure I grease them up real good at least once a year.

2000400EX
04-06-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by sprtrx300ex
I make sure I grease them up real good at least once a year.

Same here, usually every spring I go thru and grease up anything that needs it.....especially the swingarm bolt!:eek2:

sprtrx300ex
04-06-2004, 07:33 AM
The swingarm pivot bolt is very important! Id grease it twice a year, and fill it with ALOT of grease. It tends to get dry and seize real quick if not greased often.

miken
04-12-2004, 12:03 PM
stick a thin screwdriver into the bearing holder thingy and turn the bearing 90 degrees. A small gap will appear on each side. Its the only way to get grease into the bearing race. I use a grease gun and put my finger over the opposite side I'm pumping into. The end of my grease gun slides great into the dust seal. Really its the only way to force the grease in where it needs to be (behind the bearing in the race).
Mike -

04-12-2004, 12:23 PM
i just spray some white lithium grease in the gaps left while the aarms are still attched....i guess that worthless :confused:

miken
04-12-2004, 04:02 PM
I wouldn't say "worthless". Some grease is better than none. But the part you would be greasing is between the bolt and bearing instead of the bearing and race. The bearing is designed to turn on the race not the bolt. Just make sure the whole thing is packed well to keep out water and stuff. I use a marine grease. I'm probably overkill, and there pretty cheap to replace anyway.
Mike -

miken
04-12-2004, 04:05 PM
Oop's, just re-read what you wrote. Ya that's pretty much worthless.:D
Mike -