PDA

View Full Version : 87 250x / durablue problems

lunchbox
04-02-2004, 05:30 PM
ok guys, i'm kinda new at this, but i don't think i'm that stupid.....so help me out here..

i spun the hubs on my ol 250x fourtrax. it's an 87.
so i ordered some new hubs from honda and a new heavy duty durablue axle from rockymountianatv.........
i went to put it on a little while ago, and i noticed that the durablue doesn't have any threads on it for the axle nut. i ended up calling durablue, and the guy said that i didn't need an axle nut, just stick it in and go.. i was like WTF??? am i hearing you correctly? if i don't need an axle nut , how the hell is it going to stay on???:huh he said he didn't know. so then i thought that i might need a posi-lock axle nut from durablue, and he said i didn't.... i don't get it guys, anyone have the same or similar set up , and can give me some help here? i'm ready to give up.... i just want to put the damn thing back together...

jeremy

lunchbox
04-02-2004, 08:04 PM
no one? someone's gotta have a DB axle out there....

jerry-89-250R
04-02-2004, 08:23 PM
i have the same thing as you, the axle tightens with the stock ring and stock axle nut. just like the one you removed, now if you talking about threads too hold the hubs on are missing send it back

lunchbox
04-02-2004, 10:22 PM
no, there is no threads on the durablue for the axle nut..... the hubs are fine. i don't get it...

ghak99
04-03-2004, 10:30 AM
If it has no threads on it for the axle nut, Send it back and get an LSR!

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98495

lunchbox
04-03-2004, 11:00 AM
ok, update guys...... in my fury, i didn't realze the nut screws onto the brake sprocket, i thought it was supposed to screw onto the axle.....yup, yer boy is a moron. :rolleyes: :D ... i'll try it again tonight, i made suckh a fool outta myself too:D thanks for the replys guys... ghak , that pic looks like it was taken in my garage:D at least the axle didn't break in half like yours did, thank god!