PDA

View Full Version : WB-s-bend

03-12-2002, 02:17 AM
I just got my WB s-bend in do I need to put a clamp where the silencer and the s-dend pipe meet they only gave me one clamp.How many dics do you recamend for a stock 2001 250ex.

03-12-2002, 04:48 PM
The same think happened to me. It is susposed to be like that. Use your stock clamp where the scilencer and the header fit togeather. Use the clamp that they gave you for where the s-bend and the scilencer meet. This is what i did on my 250ex. WE called white brothers and they said you can purchase more discs if you want but they made the pipe on the dyno and it ran the best with the amount of discs the pipe came with. I also put on a K&N air filter and was happy with the power I got. Now white brothers also says that i dont need to rejet, but now that i have the airfilter on every one says i do. It only backfires wheni let off the gas. Hope this helps.
Joey

03-15-2002, 03:39 AM
Thanks for the help . I'am thinking about putting on a K@N air filter what is the stock size main jet on a 250ex and what size should I use. Do I need to make any other modifacations with the pilot-jet or air scew or is just changing the main-jet the only thing I have to do.

03-15-2002, 08:43 AM
I have not rejetted mine yet. I dont think i am because i havnt noticed and backfiring or any bogging. Im not sure what the stock size is but you should try to go up 2 main jets. I have seen some people running a 112 main jet in their 250ex. Hope this helps
joey

03-15-2002, 11:18 AM
Thank you the pipe sounds great it has that nice deep sound to it and I did notice some power gains . I would recamend the WB pipe to every one sounds great looks sweet and fit and finish are exalent.

Ryan-WB440ex
03-15-2002, 05:29 PM
if your bike backfires you need to remove some disc's cause it is running to rich. i have the pro meg on my 400 and they only gave me 8 disc's and now with my engine mods i need 20 disc's to richen it up. for the price of the kit i bought they should have gave me 28 discs not 8! so instead i removed the end cap which made it alot richer and made it loud as **** =) even with my rejetted carb running smooth and the plug being the proper colour with a 160 main/42 pilot i still lost power accelerating (running lean) the problem was the disc settings i had on my exhaust! sure beats rejetting your carb though. :devil

440EXR
03-15-2002, 06:16 PM
If you are backfireing on deceleration you are running too lean by removing the disks you create more backpressure and the combustion richens up Instead of removing disks you should move up a jet size until you can acclerate with no bogging and declerate with no backfires Then you know your close then do some plug runs just to final check With my 440 I run best at 18 Disks with a 170 KN main below 45 deg. and above 45 deg. a 165 I am at sea level the higher up you are the bigger your jets will be I also move my needle to notch 4 in Winter and #3 in Summer and a 42 and 45 pilot jet for summer and winter Hope that gives you a guide Best to buy a few jets and test it till it runs the best
:D

Ryan-WB440ex
03-15-2002, 06:33 PM
omg sorry dude i said that backwards =( i mixed my lean and rich up! hope i didnt cause any confusion. 440exr mine is a 440 too. my plugs look good and my jets seemed fine. removing the endcap fixed my problem but was only a temporary solution. since i am running only 8 discs,do u think if i get another 12 and try adding and removing discs till it works great is the best way to fix this?:confused:

440EXR
03-15-2002, 07:06 PM
Ryan-WB440ex with your higher flow header and Cam you have to be running rich with only 8 disks that is like only a 1.5" exhaust 18 disks gives me 2.25" of exhaust When you took out the end cap you opened up the exhaust more flow and it ran Better? if so that means your runnin rich. After a lot of research I found out that you get more power by not removing the end cap or arrestor and allowing the disks and airflow over them to create the exhaust suction You know your bike the best but it sounds to me that you need more disks. Hey I agree we should get at least 18 disks for the $ they charge and also when you order disks you have to also order longer bolts to attach them .A 440 needs to breath to run well I spent 2 weeks with mine until i got it right even so I love the WB system. We ride at some high elevations in the summer and removing disks to richen it up at 7000 ft. sure is easier than rebuilding your carb as KN and honda sugessts Plug runs can be misleading cuase of all the additives in the gas somtimes will give a wrong reading so get more disks and some main jets and start playing until it feels and sounds good

03-16-2002, 09:05 PM
Thanks for all the help guys EX RIDERS.COM is the greatest. I just have one more question if I get a K@N Power kit will it make a big differance with the pipe I added to my 250ex or is it a waist of $$.

03-17-2002, 07:19 AM
It should add some good power. Just make sure to get the outwears for your filter or you will be cleaning it alot.
Joey

waloud
03-17-2002, 08:59 PM
Where can you order the WB E series s bend and big gun at? I can find the DG, FMF, T-4, and Graydon. I can't decide what to get.