PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any problems w/ Sparks pipes??

kazpr
04-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Just curious if all are standing up well. Thanks

4fiddyR
04-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Love mine, stainless!:devil:

kazpr
04-03-2004, 04:36 PM
Ya I think I will get stainless sparks or a Yoshi pipe. Not sure what one yet though.

4fiddyR
04-03-2004, 04:56 PM
I picked sparks over Yoshi, since Honda is using Sparks engines this year, and Yoshi is comitted to Suzuki. I've always had Yoshi, but I just thought it was time for a change, I'm sure you will be happy with either one.

Aussiequadrider
04-03-2004, 05:01 PM
A lot of the ones for the yfz 450 have fallen apart.
I hope you guys have better results.

Geoff.

4fiddyR
04-03-2004, 05:09 PM
what ya mean fell apart?

400rider01
04-03-2004, 05:09 PM
my friends fell apart on his 400ex. i went with the lrd pipe with sparks intake and it runs great i would recommend lrd

Aussiequadrider
04-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by 4fiddyR
what ya mean fell apart?

Ceramic coating lasted 10hrs.
Packing falling out at 35hrs.
Can broke off the pipe at 38hrs.
This has happened to most of us that have there crappy full system.
Then try and get them to fix it.

Good luck with yours.

Geoff.

roughrider01
04-03-2004, 05:40 PM
Ive also heard alot of problems with the sparks pipe, i think ill be going with someone else.

4fiddyR
04-03-2004, 06:31 PM
I have about 20 hours on mine so far knock on wood no problems. I got a stainelss cause I have heard of ceremic ones cracking over time and looking like crap.

Sportrax10
04-03-2004, 10:13 PM
I have the Sparks stainless, and like it a lot so far. I hope it dosnt fall apart...:o

honda350r
04-04-2004, 09:09 AM
The only problem with Sparks is that they are better than anyone eles pipe on the market PERIOD ! I always use the ceramic coated pipe cause I think it looks better than the rusty looking stainless.. I am a Dealer for Sparks and I am sure I have dealt with more Sparks pipes than you guys that have bought one in your lifetime! Not one person has ever brought one back cause it fell apart! If they fall apart on the YFZ it is because it was crashed and the cheesy sub-frame bent and tweeked the pipe!

4fiddyR
04-04-2004, 12:47 PM
yeah! lol:blah:

WOracing
04-04-2004, 01:50 PM
i have always ran yoshimura. never had any problems with them. I also hear a lot of crap with the sparks pipes being to loud and falling apart. Just what i am hearing, i have never actually owned a sparks pipe. I will keep running yoshi pipes as long as their around. IMO yoshi is the best you can get.

Aussiequadrider
04-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by honda350r

If they fall apart on the YFZ it is because it was crashed and the cheesy sub-frame bent and tweeked the pipe!

Crap
Obviously you have not been getting out much.
Go and ask your mate Scott at sparks about all the problems we are having.
Also the sparks system does not allow the kick start. ( it won't clear)
The crap ceramic is also only on the outside. If it was on the inside where it should be the outside may last more than a couple of weeks.
Ask about sparks quality on any yfz site and you had better grab a coffee to help you absorb the reality you are ignoring.

Geoff.

4fiddyR
04-04-2004, 04:17 PM
[quote]Crap
Obviously you have not been getting out much.
Go and ask your mate Scott at sparks about all the problems we are having.
The crap ceramic is also only on the outside. If it was on the inside where it should be the outside may last more than a couple of weeks.
Ask about sparks quality on any yfz site and you had better grab a coffee to help you absorb the reality you are ignoring.

Geoff.[quote]

Are you on drugs?
I have a 450R with a Full Sparks Stainless system, and the KICKSTARTER clears it fine, not even an issue. Anyone else hear of this stuff???? I doubt it.

Aussiequadrider
04-04-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by 4fiddyR
[quote]

Are you on drugs?
I have a 450R with a Full Sparks Stainless system, and the KICKSTARTER clears it fine, not even an issue. Anyone else hear of this stuff???? I doubt it.

You must like going out of your way to reveal your stupidity.
I have been talking about our bad sparks experiences on our yfz's
Have another look and then you may come back and apologise.

Geoff.

4fiddyR
04-04-2004, 04:35 PM
sorry mate, is that gay? anyway I'm sorry I mis-understood ya. Your complaining about your sparks YFZ pipe in a trx450R forum. That is why I commented. We have a forum for you guys in here too.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=46
You should complain there.
I thought all you guys didn't like a kickstart anyway, you have that little e-start button there on the handlebar. Is that weak Yamaha battery not staying charged or what?

Aussiequadrider
04-04-2004, 04:44 PM
Thanks mate for the apology, (but no kisses)

I responded to "Kazpa" question
Anyone have any problems w/ Sparks pipes??
and thought it was quite relevant to relay all the troubles that we are having on our yfz's and wished you guys better luck.

P.S I have never had any battery probs.

Geoff.

4fiddyR
04-04-2004, 04:46 PM
Come on, give me a kiss! :p

Bretmd94
04-04-2004, 05:35 PM
I never buy crappy ceramic coated ones. The coating never holds up for very long, and if you ride near the coast at all the pipe will just rust after 6 months.

I have the stainless sparks pipe, and have put it through some abuse. Its holding up perfectly. I will watch for things falling apart though.

Bottom line though is the sparks pipe probably does put out more power than the yosh. But its probably louder too.

honda350r
04-04-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Aussiequadrider
Crap

The new ones that I get will clear the kicker.. The first hundred did not !

You are right I don't get out much... I am too busy working on everyone elses quads ! All I am saying is that the sparks pipes are holding up very well in the southwest!!

4fiddyR
04-04-2004, 08:08 PM
You can add the northeast too to that, holding up just fine!:devil:

r450rr
04-12-2004, 12:58 AM
can you get any kind of quiet core for the sparks pipe. to make it more quiet.? just wandering cause i know hmf and alot of other brands you can

thanks

msthondadude
04-12-2004, 06:41 PM
I was just wondering what horsepower the yoshimura system was putting out.