PDA

View Full Version : Brand new FST Oil Cooler for sale.......

QuadJunkies
04-02-2004, 04:36 PM
Never used still in Box, just changed my mind on it... PM me for prices......

QuadJunkies
04-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Bump......:) For those who inquired, you all have Pm's ;)

JOEX
04-02-2004, 08:34 PM
How come you changed your mind? And don't tell me because you're a woman:devil:

PM me a price too please:)

QuadJunkies
04-02-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
How come you changed your mind? And don't tell me because you're a woman:devil:

PM me a price too please:) Its too complex to install.... :o :( Sucks casue now Ill be in the hole on it:mad:

QuadJunkies
04-02-2004, 09:10 PM
For those who just Pm'd me, can you please resend Pm...For some reason I get notification but no message is there?????:confused: Give me a sec to clean out my PM box;)

QuadJunkies
04-02-2004, 09:22 PM
SOLD TO MUFF! Thanks, Ill be in touch........;) If for some reason he changes his mind, Ill repost it........

twisted threads
04-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Its too complex to install.... :o :(

I was going to try to talk you out of selling it but it looks like its to late. I put one on the 440 and I got to admit me and my dad were sweating just a little bit.:D The ONLY thing I don't like about the cooler is that I cant run a steering stabilizer.

pairanutz
04-03-2004, 12:12 AM
hey twisted -get you a new style pep dampner works great with set up -cause the stabilizer mounts on the motor mount bracket then forward to your stem-i run this set up
but with the pep you caint run an oversized oil tank -caint have it all-i guess
or you can just get a gpr

hondatv
04-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Turn the oil cooler side ways, put a grill on both sides. Then the oil tank and steering damp. Fits with no problum. I run this set up on my 440 and 502ex, temp runs 150 to 180 on hard rides, yes I run temp gauges that are mounted next to my key for easy visibility.:D

QuadJunkies
04-03-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by twisted threads
I was going to try to talk you out of selling it but it looks like its to late. I put one on the 440 and I got to admit me and my dad were sweating just a little bit.:D The ONLY thing I don't like about the cooler is that I cant run a steering stabilizer. I just ordered a Denton stabilizer last week too.......:eek2:

QuadJunkies
04-03-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by hondatv
Turn the oil cooler side ways, put a grill on both sides. Then the oil tank and steering damp. Fits with no problum. I run this set up on my 440 and 502ex, temp runs 150 to 180 on hard rides, yes I run temp gauges that are mounted next to my key for easy visibility.:D what is a good Temp for me for my 426?? I have been curious what is Safe and what is not and what is best.....

hondatv
04-03-2004, 09:08 PM
I "think" a good range for oil is 190-220. Helps cook-off contaminants and moisture quicker? bottom line 160 to 250. But then, only a guess. I am know expert, :D

QuadJunkies
04-03-2004, 09:15 PM
I "think" a good range for oil is 190-220. Helps cook-off contaminants and moisture quicker? bottom line 160 to 250. But then, only a guess. I am know expert, :D ;) thanks....

pairanutz
04-03-2004, 09:20 PM
:o i would off never thunked off that -realy-thats a dang good idea -thanks -what kinda and where did you get your temp gauge -i would like to run one

QuadJunkies
04-03-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by pairanutz
:o i would off never thunked off that -realy-thats a dang good idea -thanks -what kinda and where did you get your temp gauge -i would like to run one I have been VERY curious on what Temp is good, but I have never been able to get a straight answer from anyone.......:(

pairanutz
04-03-2004, 09:48 PM
real or safe temp ?- i know that feeling -every one has a diff answer on whats safe -or where its supposed to be -so i just want i gauge so i can see where mine realy runs -probably scare me on how hot it realy does run

honda you got pics of how you mounted your cooler side ways -where did you fasten it too
i want to run a WER stabilizer
has any one tried mounting it flat above the shocks ?
i thought about trying it there then add one off those hood scoops so it could get more air

twisted threads
04-03-2004, 10:08 PM
hey twisted -get you a new style pep dampner works great with set up -cause the stabilizer mounts on the motor mount bracket then forward to your stem-i run this set up
but with the pep you caint run an oversized oil tank -caint have it all-i guess
Thanks! Im going to half to look into a the pep dampner:)

hondatv
04-04-2004, 08:26 AM
I will post some pics later today, it is very easy to install . Takes a little time but it's easy.:D

QuadJunkies
04-04-2004, 09:55 AM
real or safe temp ?- i know that feeling -every one has a diff answer on whats safe -or where its supposed to be -so i just want i gauge so i can see where mine realy runs -probably scare me on how hot it realy does run

honda you got pics of how you mounted your cooler side ways -where did you fasten it too
i want to run a WER stabilizer
has any one tried mounting it flat above the shocks ?
i thought about trying it there then add one off those hood scoops so it could get more air I posted a thread about this and got some good links for a guage...:) and good prices too

hondatv
04-04-2004, 10:20 AM
Here are some pics. of my redneck oil gauge set up.
Go to your local speed shop and pick up a MINI temp gauge it is a 1 1/2in gauge not your normal 2in. you will also need a Alum. bushing to weld into your oil tank. The speed shop sells them also (Russell Fitting). Add a ground wire to the tank. Take the mounting plate and mark the plastic were you want the gauge to be mounted. then cut the mounting bracket to fit on the back side of the plastic, to help with gauge hold down clamp (support). Take your neutral light and wire tie it to your switch wires just under the plastic, visibility is no problem.
Gauge 24.95
Bushing 4.95
Welding 5.00

C&D Racing sells a gauge that is a screw-in replacement for the dipstick. For me it works ok for testing but is to hard to read. You have to stop and look at your oil tank.

The oil cooler fits easily in the frame rails with no clearance problems, of after market oil tanks or steering dampeners, just put a grill on both sides of the cooler. You can pick up the grill material at you local hardware store in the gas grill department.

http://www.geocities.com/scooter20735/tempgauge2.JPG http://www.geocities.com/scooter20735/tempsender2.JPG http://www.geocities.com/scooter20735/oilcooler1.JPG:D

QuadJunkies
04-04-2004, 11:50 PM
Here are some pics. of my redneck oil gauge set up.
Go to your local speed shop and pick up a MINI temp gauge it is a 1 1/2in gauge not your normal 2in. you will also need a Alum. bushing to weld into your oil tank. The speed shop sells them also (Russell Fitting). Add a ground wire to the tank. Take the mounting plate and mark the plastic were you want the gauge to be mounted. then cut the mounting bracket to fit on the back side of the plastic, to help with gauge hold down clamp (support). Take your neutral light and wire tie it to your switch wires just under the plastic, visibility is no problem.
Gauge 24.95
Bushing 4.95
Welding 5.00

C&D Racing sells a gauge that is a screw-in replacement for the dipstick. For me it works ok for testing but is to hard to read. You have to stop and look at your oil tank.

The oil cooler fits easily in the frame rails with no clearance problems, of after market oil tanks or steering dampeners, just put a grill on both sides of the cooler. You can pick up the grill material at you local hardware store in the gas grill department.

http://www.geocities.com/scooter20735/tempgauge2.JPG http://www.geocities.com/scooter20735/tempsender2.JPG http://www.geocities.com/scooter20735/oilcooler1.JPG:D VERY GOOD INFO!!! Thanks you for posting that;)

AtvMxRider
04-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
SOLD TO MUFF!

Story of my life...........:devil:

muff
04-05-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Story of my life...........:devil:

:p

dont forget to throw in the "exclusive" pics :blah:

and i sent the money order out today

QuadJunkies
04-06-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Story of my life...........:devil: LMAO!!!!! your a good man Jerry.....:D :devil:

QuadJunkies
04-06-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by muff
:p

dont forget to throw in the "exclusive" pics :blah:

and i sent the money order out today hahaha:o :devil: