PDA

View Full Version : Yes Plan

Kennethyfz450
04-02-2004, 01:34 PM
around here they are going to charge me 800.00

but in tenn.. i can get it for 600.00 and i was wondering if it was worth that much... also if i did get the extended warranty will i still be able to pipe and jet the bike and maybe hide the cam mode (take it somewheres else to be done and when broken fix it back to stock:D )

anyhow tell me your thoughts on the sevice plan i am planning on keeping this quad for around 2 years.. that is how long i kept my ex ... anyhow any help??

ps i can care less about the cam mod but i really do want a pipe...

THEbluYFZ450
04-04-2004, 06:08 PM
uif you get a warrantee you are not allowd as to set a took on that thing or it will be how do i say this.. umm "discontinued"?

Kennethyfz450
04-04-2004, 08:36 PM
ok, any other opinions that might be worth more than a cent?

TDBRPH
04-04-2004, 09:52 PM
Age old question with no simple answer..... If you have a dependable dealer who will stand behind you go for the warranty. The warranty is only as good as the people adminstering it. 1 major problem and it will pay for itself. I chose not to get the extended warranty on the YFZ and the 6 month warranty just expired. I do however have the extended warranty on my Raptor for whatever that is worth. All quads are going to have problems but routine maintenance will certainly help avoid the big bangs. My machine will probably start falling apart tommorow so if it does I will hold you partially responsible ;).

offroadfury
04-04-2004, 10:55 PM
I have the extended warranty on my Raptor and last Memorial Weekend the inevitable happend, 2nd started going. Anyways I took it to the dealer and got it fixed and ended up costing me about $600 for labor. They said that since it wasn't completely striped off then I had to pick up the labor charge. I quit riding it when it started slipping not wanting to completly shell the damn thing and then they did that. It really pissed me off. Thats my opinion of the YES plan.

brandonpeake
04-14-2004, 06:53 AM
so what exactly is the YES plan
is it supposed to cover everything for how long, extened warranties usually = scam for extra money out of consumers

bradley300
04-14-2004, 08:14 AM
i just bought a blaster and this is what my dealer told me when i asked him about aftermarket parts since i would be racing. his exact words were-
"do whatever you want to the bike but, if you put a pipe on it and the motor seizes, your on your own, but if you put the pipe on it and say, the tranny seizes, obviously the pipe had nothing to do w/ the failure, so it will be covered"

that wasnt w/ the YES plan, just the standard 6 month warranty. doubt its any different tho

Baley69
04-15-2004, 03:07 AM
I paid $800 for the yes plan and my gold package which covers all the oil changes, valve adjustments, and anything else for 5 years. That was the only way I could have justified the yes plan.