PDA

View Full Version : Removed choke?

Hondaluva
04-02-2004, 10:36 AM
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, what is the advantage of removing the choke?

cals400ex
04-02-2004, 12:33 PM
some say you gain throttle response. others say you gain a little cfm up top. i have used both and i didn't notice much. so, i put the choke back on so the bike would start easier.

hondarider2006
04-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Your bike will start fine if you install a 42 pilot. I removed mine and I noticed a little throttle responce and that is about it.

zlam27
04-03-2004, 12:03 PM
alright, i have been thinking about this a lot lately. i saw in rockymountain that you can buy a piece to put in the intake right before the carb. its just a round piece holding a horizontal fin across the carb intake. it is supposed to help cut out the detrimental swirling air coming into the carb when its only partway open. (someone hook this thread up with a link so everyone knows what im talking about).

i am now thinking of putting my choke back in because it would serve relatively the same purpose as this $35 aftermarket part. i thought i noticed some throttle response when i took mine out, but maybe its all in our heads. anyway, i really dont think its worth taking out and unless we get dyno proof- i dont think it adds any performance. just my 2 cents, i would like to hear others' opinions...

zach

JOEX
04-03-2004, 08:57 PM
Read this thread.....

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80450&highlight=powernow