PDA

View Full Version : Lund sun visor

Stevie-D
04-02-2004, 09:48 AM
I've got a Lund sun visor on my pickup. there are two depressions in the middle of it that fill up with water whenever it rains. it doesn't harm anything, but its annoying to have a waterfall on my hood and windshield whenever i move it after it rains. so im thinkin just drill a few small holes (1/8th inch or so) in the bottom of em to let the water out. its fiberglass so no rust problems. anyone see any possible problems with this idea?

MOFO
04-02-2004, 09:57 AM
nope, just make sure its a new drill bit (nice and sharp).. I'd also try to make the smallest hole possible.

seatec
04-02-2004, 10:02 AM
i hope it doesnt start chipping around the holes.

Which visor is it? The square one or the moon visor. i heard the rounder one of the two vibrates a lot during driving.

nuttynewt
04-02-2004, 11:40 AM
Be careful drilling fiberglass or you won't be happy with what happens...

MILF_HUNTER
04-02-2004, 11:56 AM
if you do go to drill some holes. get a bit for fiberglass (is there such a thing?) and put a piece of tape over the spot were you want to drill and drill through the tape. it will protect the paint

killed300ex
04-02-2004, 07:45 PM
y i have a visor it pissed me off but i never throught much of it i think ill try to drill a hole in it later this weekend i am just goign to buy a new bit so its relly sharp and also use the type idea so that it doesnt chip easily. Ill report how it works later (i dont see why it wouldnt work)
killed

Stevie-D
04-02-2004, 07:50 PM
fiberglass just plain sucks to work with. the truck was painted right before i bought it off of my boss, so ive got about a quarter of a quart of paint left, so i plan on just takin a q-tip and stickin some in the holes after i drill em.