PDA

View Full Version : Quadshop elka rebuild

fasterz
04-02-2004, 09:43 AM
The other day i call the quad shop and got a price for ONLY springs for the zps rear conversion. He gave me a price of $210 so i was like alright ill call you back later and order them. Then i talked to one of my frineds and he has the elka conversion and he only paid $210 for the installation of the spings and a revalve and the internal stuff. I didnt belive my frined at first till he proved it with a recipt. is the quad shop tryin to rip me off? where can i go to order ONLY the springs for the zps conversion?

04-02-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by fasterz
The other day i call the quad shop and got a price for ONLY springs for the zps rear conversion. He gave me a price of $210 so i was like alright ill call you back later and order them. Then i talked to one of my frineds and he has the elka conversion and he only paid $210 for the installation of the spings and a revalve and the internal stuff. I didnt belive my frined at first till he proved it with a recipt. is the quad shop tryin to rip me off? where can i go to order ONLY the springs for the zps conversion?

Who rebuilt his rear shock completely for $210??

Also are you sure you explained what you wanted to have done correctly to Jeff?? Miscommunication can screw ya everytime. Also just adding the springs will not do anything except make your ride horrible if it's not revalved to go with the new dual rate setup..

PS...the quadshop is not out to rip you off. They offer discount prices to all exriders.com members.

Quadzilla
04-02-2004, 10:04 AM
Santo told me that he would revalve (Pro Mil piston and valving), service and respring my stock 400ex shock for $270...

300exOH
04-02-2004, 10:05 AM
Quadshop charged me $210 to convert my Works rear shock to SSD. I'm really not sure if they just changed springs or if they revalved/rebuilt it also?:confused: I was going to ask Jeff about that too. As far as I can tell the shock feels pretty good though. I haven't had much time to try it out since it's been raining so much.:grr: I'll pm Jeff and see if I can find out what he did.

Pappy
04-02-2004, 10:58 AM

I'd have to say at that price its for the complete deal.

would you like jeff shot twice in the back of the head:confused: :devil:

beak7707
04-02-2004, 11:00 AM
There is a big difference between making a shock ssd, and having the whole shock conversion. The conversion is rebuilding and revalving the whole shock, which cost more. To just make it ssd doesnt cost as much, but all you get are the springs. I had Jeff do the conversion on my 250R shock and it is great.

UglyMotha™
04-02-2004, 11:42 AM
seriously why would you get on here and make a post and try to create a big stink, why don't you just call jeff up yourself and question your findings, jeff is a cool dude i think there is just a big miscomunication here

fasterz
04-02-2004, 02:12 PM
SORRY if you think im being mean im just asking you guys cuz i dont want to bother the man and then end up not buying any thing from him, i think thats kind of rude, so i figured id just ask on here. the quad shop are great people i have bought from them before, i just wanted to see what you guys paid for what, ya know? im not trying to start trouble

fasterz
04-02-2004, 02:14 PM
all i want is a little lower ride hight in the rear, my stock shock works great for me i just need it a little lower because my front end is low. will elka sell me just the springs? will tcs or pep sell just the springs too?

RiPPiNiTuP7
04-02-2004, 02:22 PM
all i want is a little lower ride hight in the rear, my stock shock works great for me i just need it a little lower because my front end is low. will elka sell me just the springs? will tcs or pep sell just the springs too?

getting JUST the springs is pretty much half assing it. ya got to have it revalved, and the new springs. yer not talkin much money man, for tcs to convert my stock yfz shock to a dual rate zps with hard anodizing and valved to my weight it was 375, thats not bad at all.

fasterz
04-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
getting JUST the springs is pretty much half assing it. ya got to have it revalved, and the new springs. yer not talkin much money man, for tcs to convert my stock yfz shock to a dual rate zps with hard anodizing and valved to my weight it was 375, thats not bad at all.
yes i am gettin it revalved but by a place that i dont have to ship to, so all i need is the springs...

300exOH
04-06-2004, 09:19 AM
I just found out Quadshop just changed the springs on my rear shock over to zero preload. The $210 price did not include a revalve.

Pappy
04-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
I'd have to say at that price its for the complete deal.

i stand corrected. i looked at what my price was on a rear rebuild last year and it was a bit over $300.

cdalejef
04-06-2004, 09:29 AM
You can get the kit or the full conversion, the conversion is more expensive.

300exOH
04-06-2004, 09:33 AM
Does the full conversion include a revalve/fluid change? and the kit is just the spring setup right?

cdalejef
04-06-2004, 09:34 AM
exactly

300exOH
04-06-2004, 09:37 AM
Now you tell me:cuss:

J/P It's cool. I'm very happy with mine:D

fasterz
04-06-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
exactly
so 2 springs cost 210$??? damnnn

cdalejef
04-06-2004, 12:56 PM
main spring, SSD spring, crossover, billet preload ring, billet spring retainer and installation.....yes.

UglyMotha™
04-06-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
instillation

now it that how YA'LL say it in kenticky :o :blah:

cdalejef
04-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™

Pappy
04-06-2004, 01:03 PM

kenticky:eek2:

UglyMotha™
04-06-2004, 07:52 PM
muwhahah http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/yelrotflmao.gif

Meek
04-06-2004, 11:18 PM
Can someone explain that "other side of the river talk" to me, I don't understand.