PDA

View Full Version : Just realized I got a GNC at my local track!

rhino99
03-11-2002, 08:12 PM
I just found out this weekend that they are running a new GNC here in IL at my local track! The track is less than an hour from my hometown as well as the town I am at college in (actually right in the middle) so I will definately be there. Not sure if I will ride or not, not sure if my ankle will be up for it after messing it up a year ago, I dont know if I am in national shape, but I think I am gonna try and race maybe. I know a lot of people who will be racing. Anyone else planning to be there??

Mity Mo
03-11-2002, 08:24 PM
DEFINITELY will be there. Mo:blah

rhino99
03-11-2002, 09:38 PM
Hey Mo,

Figured you would be there. Have you heard anything about them totally changing the track for the quads? The guy who told me about the GNC bein there (Tony Spade, the 2001 HS Quad Champ) told me that they are supposed to redesign the whole track to make passing easier for the quads. I never really noticed a REAL big problem with passing, its not supposed to be real easy to pass I didnt think, and I cant imagine them redoing the entire track, but who knows. Just wondered if you had heard anything about it?

Moto92
03-11-2002, 11:59 PM
Are you refering to the race in Casey?

03-12-2002, 03:14 AM
i'll be there to watch and maybe race. is anyone going to red bud

Mity Mo
03-12-2002, 08:15 AM
Talking with Geno, and Nadine they said the same thing. They will be trying to make it easier to pass. When you think about it there isnt many spots you can pass. When you have a full gate of fast A quads passing can sometimes be a hard proposition. Especially in the woods or over the quad jump. So it will be nice to see them wider. I will be at all the GNC MX races but the first one. I have my stuff at the powdercoaters and cant get it until next week. Boo Hoo. Thank God I get to throw out two of them. Mo:p

rhino99
03-12-2002, 09:40 AM
Yes, I am referring to the race in Casey.

Mo, thats kinda what I thought, but wasnt sure. I have honestly never had that much trouble with passing, but I am not an A rider, and when I am there I am usually just goofing off and stuff, so never really noticed it being too hard to pass, but I guess you have a good point. Hopefully they get the track real good and the GNC will keep comin back!

oynot400
03-15-2002, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by LRD TRX416EX
i'll be there to watch and maybe race. is anyone going to red bud
I am going to Red Bud, to spectate. One of the guys I ride with will be racing. Are you going Mo?

03-15-2002, 08:18 AM
belleville is havin races to, b.e.t., ever been ther?

Mity Mo
03-15-2002, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I will be at Red Bud. I love that track. Very long though. Mo

400exRacerX
03-17-2002, 04:08 PM
I'll be racing Mt. Morris as my first national.