PDA

View Full Version : anyone out there with a 250r ? or anyone iknow about them ?

Halo Boyz
04-01-2004, 06:57 PM
hey im selling my raptor and donw know what quad to get. its eather the 250r or the trx450. i know about the 450 know i just have to learn alittle about the 250 i know they were last made in like 88 and that they are quick.. i wanna try to get one thats never been riden or that has low hours( i know its going to be hard to find) what kinda speeds dose it have. will it be breaking on me or no. i dont know much about them so if you have one or know about them tell me everything you know.. and also would it beat my stock raptor in a drag ?:macho

beak7707
04-01-2004, 07:13 PM
They made them until 89, there are small changes in all the years. 86-87 have longer swingarms, 86 has a short rod all other years were long rod. There are a few other differences but all years are equally great. They are very nice bikes, but it depends on your riding style as which to get. If you find one that hasn't been rode you will be talking very high dollar.
As for maintenance if you take care of it, it will take care of you. They can be made to be extremely fast, in stock form they are quick but not really fast. Hopped up the are sickly fast and quick. The handling on the 250r is great, one of the best ever, also the brakes are great.
In todays time most people would be the 450 over the R, however I love my 250R and I'm sticking with it. Just look as the 250R's past man, they have dominated for years. As for outrunning your raptor it wouldn't stock. You put some mods on it yes it will, just depends on how much you want to build it up. I will say you if go with the 250R you wont be disappointed. Either of the 2 quads will make you great rides.