PDA

View Full Version : Bandits vs. Fast trekkers

joe250
03-11-2002, 07:38 PM
Which rear tire is the best general trail ride, maybee a little XC racing tire. I hear that both of these tires wear slower than holeshotts, razrs, shredder, etc..

"BLAHH"300!!
03-11-2002, 08:23 PM
.....i have 18" fast trekker's....can't kill em' i'd like to but i can't...
i ride roads all the time where we ride....(only things that travel on that road are tractor's...like four people that live out there..and quad hauler's..so don't)....and the tread is still kicken like a de-headed chiken...to me the tread pattern's on the holeshots and razor's are about the same...exactly the same...goes for the shredder's too....i don't know what the big deal is...pic a tire and go...mud tire..big tractor lookin' grips...dirt tire.tread like the holeshot.(there's like 40 differant ones out there)..sand V or streight paddles....just pic one...but this is what my plans are for tire's.....18" holeshots..(freind has some for sale that will fit my 10" rims and he don't want much $..brand new....then some regular 22" tire's might look to the razor's for those (pretty much i want the lettering on the side...i think it looks sharp)..front tire's i'm runnin maxxis front pro's...but next i plan to get the front razor's..(again lettering plus i like the center rib...seems like it would corner good)...yeah some tread pattern's are funny lookin'...i wouldn't mount em' on my bike for nothin'...like those tire's that look like truck treads..haha nah man.not on my bike....what am i talkin about....pic a tire and go...if it looks the same it is..only differance may be the ply' thats your main concern...ride around sharp rocks or broken glass get more ply's..hevier tire but it might last longer....ride around nice smooth cerfaces get a lower ply...less chance of a puncture....me prolly a 4 ply would be fine...no sharp rocks...but we all have to worry about those things we can't see......