PDA

View Full Version : People keep ruining my yard

chucked
04-01-2004, 12:08 PM
theres always traffic on the road that goes in front of my house and from people turning around all the time it has totally destroyed and rutted up my front yard. I already tried Big *** stones but they just get mushed into the ground and a wooden fence but they just plow that over. Any ideas???

Taco
04-01-2004, 12:09 PM
just lay some barb wire on the ground

Sportrax10
04-01-2004, 12:10 PM
Something that wont plow over when hit!:eek:

Pappy
04-01-2004, 12:11 PM
a neighbor had the same issue. cars turning onto the adjacent road would end up cutting a wheel or two in his yard leaving it a mess. so he figured he would locate his mailbox there to force people further out away from his yard.

it worked.

LazeR
04-01-2004, 12:21 PM
i say a few 2 x 4's with nails sticking out of em!

quadrcr161
04-01-2004, 12:28 PM
go get the plactic looking fence that slides over a 4x4. instead of using 4x4. concrete a few steel poles about 2-3 ft in the ground leaving a few feet above ground. slide the plactic fencing over it and wait. after they hit it once, i bet they wont do it again. :devil:

400EX_Kid_03
04-01-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by chucked
theres always traffic on the road that goes in front of my house and from people turning around all the time it has totally destroyed and rutted up my front yard. I already tried Big *** stones but they just get mushed into the ground and a wooden fence but they just plow that over. Any ideas???

You in the front yard, in a lawn chair, with a 12ga.

dannyboy20
04-01-2004, 12:47 PM
landmines :devil:

MOFO
04-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by chucked
I already tried Big *** stones but they just get mushed into the ground and a wooden fence but they just plow that over. Any ideas???

you didnt use big enough stones then...

I would try to land scape the area with large things that would it impossible for them to drive onto.

...then again, its very tempting not to take Taco's advice... :devil:

JDiablo
04-01-2004, 01:23 PM
i say dig a big ditch and cover it up with some stuff and then throw dirt or w/e over it and post a no turning sign on there and when people still go they will fall in there and they will be like why did you have that there....all you gotta say is i was doing work and i posted a sign not my fault...lol:rolleyes: or just build a brick wall or something or get big rocks that will work

hondarider2006
04-01-2004, 02:34 PM
dig some deep @$$ holes and fill them with water.....like it rained or somthing and they are just pot holes...except when they turn around and go over them, its gonna do some damage:devil: I like Dannyboys idea also....Landmines sound good also;)

ShiftFMX
04-01-2004, 02:47 PM
Just to keep you outta a lawsuit, lol, from experience, i know that stationary things such as mailboxes are illegal. Sumone hit my mailbox that was cemented into the ground and it didnt move...anddd we got sued :rolleyes:

JDiablo
04-01-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Killa250ex
Just to keep you outta a lawsuit, lol, from experience, i know that stationary things such as mailboxes are illegal. Sumone hit my mailbox that was cemented into the ground and it didnt move...anddd we got sued :rolleyes:

man these people will sue you for anything these days...:rolleyes: next thing you know you will be getting sued for someone tripping in front of your house or some stupid other crap:rolleyes:

brian-250
04-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
next thing you know you will be getting sued for someone tripping in front of your house or some stupid other crap:rolleyes:

can i come over?i need some new tires:o :D

BIGRED400
04-01-2004, 03:23 PM
Those are some good examples ,Lay some good size poles down longways, or huge stones, or barbwire barely uncoiled, kinda still has a circle shape to it like the prisons.:devil:

250rAL
04-01-2004, 05:57 PM
How about something a little more practical. You can lay a line of used railroad ties along the border of your yard. You can get them for about 5 bucks a piece and they can't be damaged.

400exrules
04-01-2004, 07:26 PM
SPIKE STRIP

LTandRaptorider
04-01-2004, 07:42 PM
I had that problem once... except after running over a couple of trees I planted at the end of the yard, they made the mistake of driving over a catch basin covered with a metal grate, which they dropped in to... I kept the AR-15 loaded with 30 rounds of tracers close to the bed... they really show up well at night... :devil:

chucked
04-01-2004, 07:52 PM
our mail box, wooden fence, and trees have all been knocked over several times a year. the thing that sucks about half of it if that it is a 3 ft high hill with about a 45 degree in cline that goes down to the road, thats whats getting dug up the worse. I need something that will damage a car severely and is very noticible.

04-01-2004, 08:24 PM
Just simply relocate the great wall of china to your yard. if they run over that video tape it please I want to see it!

chucked
04-01-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by GNCCer
Just simply relocate the great wall of china to your yard. if they run over that video tape it please I want to see it!

lmao, good idea...

Big400EX
04-01-2004, 08:36 PM
I like the ditch idea. Only if you put a sign though cause then you told them there is a ditch, but there dumb enough to fall in it anyway.

Or just plant some flowers, if people see the pretty flowers they should stop. Or they can run the pretty flowers over:(

chucked
04-01-2004, 08:37 PM
ditch wont work, not enough room, trees close by, i dont feel like digging.

400exrules
04-01-2004, 08:45 PM
park your car there..........wait........maybe not a good idea for your sake, but it will scare them if they hit it

hmmmm, cover your yard in sand and watch them get stuck, then go roost them with your quad...

put a big pane of glass there

break some beer bottles

randomly scatter bricks and concrete blocks

SPIKE STRIP

and explosives...im out of ideas

quad_quazy
04-01-2004, 08:51 PM
get some angle iron, cut it into 2 1/2 ft pieces and weld 3 of them together to make them look like jacks, like the ones little kids play with. When people hit them they will puncture their radiator and other nasty things. JUST KIDDING THIS DOES REAL BAD DAMAGE, don't really do this. You could make some smaller versions with twisted nails so that it would gaurantee to flatten their tires and wouldn't be as noticable from the road. Works on Jehova's Witness also.

chucked
04-01-2004, 08:53 PM
i want it to be noticible so people realize that we want them to stay the **** out of our yard

Toadz400
04-01-2004, 08:58 PM
Just keep something sharp lieing in that spot so it can puncture their tires very easily or damage their car, but make sure to have a sign posted saying not to drive through there because it could cause damage. This way they can't sue you because they knew of the danger. Or else the old carry a disposable rocket launcher with you and just blow up everyone on the street.

Plante400
04-01-2004, 09:17 PM
thrown afew of them claymores on your yardline thatll do the trick

xr50layke
04-02-2004, 06:36 AM
put a big sign that says "stay the **** oughta my yard or i call 911"?

Blysster
04-02-2004, 07:07 AM
If someone drives over your yard, get it your car, follow them and do the same thing to their yard (and maybe a few donuts)

Eye for an eye. :blah: :macho

SnellCRP
04-02-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by 400EX_Kid_03
You in the front yard, in a lawn chair, with a 12ga.

I can guarantee I won't be driving by your house anytime soon!:eek2:

xr50layke
04-02-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Blysster
Eye for an eye. :blah: :macho

will make the whole world blind :rolleyes:

Blysster
04-02-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by xr50layke
will make the whole world blind :rolleyes:

but we will all have have nice yards :rolleyes:

Willfulone
04-02-2004, 11:18 AM
When I was in collage, there use to be some guys that would come by in their decked out Chevy truck and run over the mail boxes about every month or so... so a bunch of us got a 5 inch by 1 inch thick steal tube that was about 7 feet tall, and sunk it into the ground about 4 feet. Then we surrounded it, and filled it with cement. Then we nicly place our new mailbox back on top and waited.

Long about 10 pm one night we heard the hot rodded Chevy truck come ripping down the street, killing every mail box in sight...untill it got to ours, and WHAMO.

Needless to say, they took the truck off on a rollback and the two Frat boys out in a ambulance.

Peace
Willfulone

400exrider555
04-02-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by dannyboy20
landmines :devil:

oh yes thats just brillant :rolleyes: ..........wiat........thats somting i would do:D

sam the brave
04-02-2004, 04:27 PM
peopl did that to my punkin so i filled a punking with concret the next person who hit it poped a tire and dented their rim
on just get a bid steel hollow poel and fill it with concet and put ure box on top that should stop them

chucked
04-02-2004, 05:02 PM
its not just the mail box its the whole yard, its about 200 ft wide. Ill get pics if i get a chance.

wilkin250r
04-02-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Willfulone
When I was in collage, there use to be some guys that would come by in their decked out Chevy truck and run over the mail boxes about every month or so... so a bunch of us got a 5 inch by 1 inch thick steal tube that was about 7 feet tall, and sunk it into the ground about 4 feet. Then we surrounded it, and filled it with cement. Then we nicly place our new mailbox back on top and waited.

Long about 10 pm one night we heard the hot rodded Chevy truck come ripping down the street, killing every mail box in sight...untill it got to ours, and WHAMO.

Needless to say, they took the truck off on a rollback and the two Frat boys out in a ambulance.

Peace
Willfulone

I'd be afraid of a lawsuit on that one if there is an injury involved.

However, if you do the same thing, only the steel pipe one comes up about 2 ft. Throw a little lumber on top of that to make it 4 ft tall, and put the mailbox on top. That way, they come rolling over, the lumber breaks, but the 2ft pipe rips their axles clean out from underneath them. The severe damage to the truck, but little risk of injury.

250rAL
04-02-2004, 06:22 PM
I almost wish I had this mailbox problem just so I could try some of these great ideas!:devil:

chucked
04-02-2004, 07:59 PM
THERE IS NO MAIL BOX PROBLEM

David28
04-03-2004, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by 250rAL
I almost wish I had this mailbox problem just so I could try some of these great ideas!:devil:

me too!!!:devil:

400exrider555
04-03-2004, 07:51 AM
the guy said there is no mailboxx problem, he wants to know how to keep them off his lawn.....not mailbox.......

why dont you do like one guy said and put parbrite or wood wiht nails in it in places on your lawn, it will pop their tires and i bet they wont return

250rAL
04-03-2004, 08:21 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 400exrider555
[B]the guy said there is no mailboxx problem, he wants to know how to keep them off his lawn.....not mailbox.......

Yeah I know that; I'm refering to the problems mentioned in the later posts.

400exrider555
04-03-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by 250rAL
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 400exrider555
[B]the guy said there is no mailboxx problem, he wants to know how to keep them off his lawn.....not mailbox.......

Yeah I know that; I'm refering to the problems mentioned in the later posts.

oh sorry

deathman53
04-03-2004, 09:41 AM
put a video camera in(fake) and put a sign on the lawn, DO NOT DRIVE ON THE LAWN, THIS IS BEING VIDEO TAPED, or something to that effect, I bet it stops alot of them. People get nervous when they see a video camera.

avaloncon2
04-03-2004, 03:36 PM
I would hire some kids to sell lemonade out ther 24-7. OR ,you could always put a couple of dead bodies out there. Noone likes to run over kids or dead bodies.

Fast250EX
04-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by avaloncon2
I would hire some kids to sell lemonade out ther 24-7. OR ,you could always put a couple of dead bodies out there. Noone likes to run over kids or dead bodies.

LOL, just don't put Michael Jackson out there, they'll try to run over that motherf***er faster than you can say, "RAPE!" :D

brian-250
04-03-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Fast250EX
LOL, just don't put Michael Jackson out there, they'll try to run over that motherf***er faster than you can say, "RAPE!" :D

he shines the pluming pipes in prison now,inside only:o :blah: :blah:

Punk'd
04-03-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Blysster
but we will all have have nice yards :rolleyes:

whats the point of nice yards when the whole world is blind? :rolleyes:

4fiddyR
04-04-2004, 05:06 PM
A simple no turning around sign is what ya need, and if they diobey it video them doing it and or write there plate number down and turn them into the police. That is the sane thing to do, But I kinda like the railroad ties with spikes sticking up idea. When they come knock on your door and say the got a flat in your yard just tell them EXACTLY get the hell out of my yard, Tell them Mr. Smith & Wesson is comming.

lets see the pictures!!!!!!!!!

2001400ex
04-04-2004, 06:03 PM
People probably do this all day though...he would literally have to sit in the window all day every day and report it to the cops if he put up a sign and jotted down the license plate numbers...

chucked
04-04-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by 2001400ex
People probably do this all day though...he would literally have to sit in the window all day every day and report it to the cops if he put up a sign and jotted down the license plate numbers...

cops wouldnt do nothing, what do they care??

2001400ex
04-04-2004, 06:21 PM
I was replying to 4fiddyR's post since he suggested calling the police.

chucked
04-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by 2001400ex
I was replying to 4fiddyR's post since he suggested calling the police.

i know, i could catch people on video and show it to them, the most they would do, if they would even, is go tell them not to do it again.

2001400ex
04-04-2004, 06:42 PM
Yeah, and that's not going to work...I'd put some of those railroad ties as a wall...I think that's what they're called. They're big square blocks of wood about 4 feet long and people always build walls out of them...I'm having a brain fart right now and can't remember what they're called...

chucked
04-04-2004, 06:56 PM
rail road ties are a good 5-6 feet long, and they wont work because when the hill ends its the road.

310Rduner
04-04-2004, 07:13 PM
Just buy some orange construction cones and fill then with cement. Even if you didn't bury it in the ground it would still dent the **** out of their bumper, and it wouldn't be a permanent part of your lawn if you didn't want it to be. Could always decorate the signs with warnings, or cartoon pictures of wrecked cars :)

2001400ex
04-04-2004, 07:50 PM
I would just put the fence right on the border of your property line and the shoulder of the road. No one will probably complain...if they do I would say "it is my only alternative. It's either people destroy my private property, or I do something to stop it."

Bean
04-04-2004, 10:03 PM
put up a sign that says this

"Attention!!

Trusspassers will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!"

EvilJester400EX
04-04-2004, 10:48 PM
Sit in your front yard with something that looks like a radar gun and dress like a cop. When they come, point whatever the object is at them.

chucked
04-05-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by EvilJester400EX
Sit in your front yard with something that looks like a radar gun and dress like a cop. When they come, point whatever the object is at them.

You all know whats funny, yesterday someone came balling up the hill, there was traffic like everyday, they slammed into the back of an old crown vic, right in front my my drive way. Turns out the guy driving the old crown vic was someone with the popo dept around here. Maybe they will do something about the traffic now. The main problem is that there isnt a right turn lane at the light so people that want to turn cant and it just adds up. I guarantee it will cut in half if a right turn lane is made in.