PDA

View Full Version : gearing

Kennethyfz450
03-31-2004, 10:42 PM
how many people geared down the yfz???

I mainly trail ride, drag race, and hill climb.

I was thinking going to a 13tooth front sproket would be a good setup for me.

also I am planning on getting a pipe.. dont know which pipe i may get a gytr if i get a warranty hopefully yamie will stand behind there own products.

Dirtwheels says you can beat a 450 dirtbike, and i cant beat a 250 yamaha

mine also luged when i tried to take off in second.. (not doing that no more)

i did beat a z 400 but he kept up i mean i wasnt running away or anything he was like a quad or so behind me.

I still havent raced no raptors or banshees or my friends 450r... Which has a pipe on it now so i probably will get beat.. :( :D

CatMostFeared
04-01-2004, 03:17 AM
I like my HMF for a pipe
I'm getting ready to go down a tooth in the front sprocket so I'll let you know on that one.
2nd gear starts rev it higher move up on the seat and dump it.:macho
Do the cam mod it makes a big difference.:devil:

Kennethyfz450
04-01-2004, 06:50 AM
lol .. well i dont believe i will do the second gear starts doesnt seem like it would be good for the bike....

does the 13tooth raptor sproket work?

CatMostFeared
04-01-2004, 03:20 PM
Ride it like a man :macho you hurt it dont scared:rolleyes:
Yes the raptor sprockets are the same and so are the yz450 yz 426

Kennethyfz450
04-01-2004, 05:04 PM
i dont want to miss it up cause if i do all the local yamie dealers are going to put me on the back burner for not buying there bike.. lol

anyways i ride it hard i just dont dump the clutch in second gear has to put alot of stress on parts

TDBRPH
04-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Like Catsmost said ride it hard believe it or not I notice the harder I push it the better it performs. I personally like the 13th sprocket for the riding I do which sounds similar to your situation. It only takes a few minutes to try it so give it a whirl.

Triston

yellowrider
04-05-2004, 10:35 AM
i'm going to the dealer today to see if they have a 13tooth sproket that will work....:D

hopefully someone will start a pipe thread so i dont have to :blah: :p