PDA

View Full Version : TRX 450R Trail Worthy?????

matt8303
03-31-2004, 10:14 PM
hey guys hows it goin?

i'm considering buying the 450R in a couple of months, but i was wondering how it was on the trail. I don't plan on racing or anything. I just want to know how it handles back in the woods and not on a track. C'mon you trail guys hit me up. thanks yall.

P.S. what are the gains from the curtis sparks exhaust?

04trx450R
03-31-2004, 10:39 PM
Wll, I ride mostly rails also,,,, It is awesome in the woods. The only thing it slightly lacks is real good bottom end , which I have heard can be cured by putting in a 13 tooth front sprocket. But I have gotten used to it stock and just use the clutch a little more than I normally would, but if you do stall just push the hot start button, one smooth kick fires it right up...... Anyway, just this last weekend I rode about20 miles in super tight trails that wer made by my buddy on his dirtbike,,, the suspension is unbeliviable,, these trails were extremely rocky and rooty, it soaked it all up great, ,, I turns excellent to. I even likd the stock tires.... We were with a guy that has a 400ex and he knows the trails and didn't hold up at all...... I was amazed how well this thing actually doess handle the woods... however make sure you get some good skidplates, I was very happy to have mine on there//// Good luck, and if you get it youll be happy

lukester720
03-31-2004, 10:59 PM
The 450r is way better on the trails than my 400ex ever was. The sparks pipe widens out the powerband and has great power.