View Full Version : tecate 4-stroke update

diesel-mech
03-31-2004, 09:04 PM
:mad: Well its a no can do situation!!! The klr600 engine will not fit in my tecate chassis without losing 5" of ground clearance or completely redesigning the chassis. this means for one I was wrong (happens alot I'm getting used to it) and two everybody that wanted me to keep it a 2-stroke gets their wish. Its gonna stay a true tecate or maybe a 500 like killertecate. I don't mean to copy him but its a really good idea. I guess the best I can do is make a six pack rack and haul an extra gas can. The 600 engine I got was in awsome shape! to bad I can't use it:grr: For those of you that supported me, My thanks. And to those who didn't You were right and I appoligize! Hopefully I can recover my loses$$$

bradley300
04-01-2004, 09:39 AM
well, to bad it didnt work out, but hey, riding a tecate is just as unique as a custom bike, i bet there are more crf/yfz quads out there then there are tecate's. so even if you couldnt get your big 600 motor in there, your still on something very unique and rare, not to metion its a real head turner, even stock.

a 500cc tecate would be badazz tho:devil:

sly400ex
04-01-2004, 10:09 AM
Throw that 600cc motor on a reinforced go-kart frame, it would dominate the streets then!!!:devil: