PDA

View Full Version : XM Radio

bluebaron
03-31-2004, 07:56 PM
Is this a Good deal. Does anybody have it. I like to listen to a varity of music. Its like 10 bucks a month i think.

i need some more info please

bluebaron
03-31-2004, 07:57 PM
Or serious radio, is it better

THEbluYFZ450
03-31-2004, 08:01 PM
i would get XM its like $30 i believe tho, but you get basicley every station in the country if not world

bluebaron
03-31-2004, 08:05 PM
well i kinda aswered my own question with this site, but it will be a help to othershttp

://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/reviews/S-EiXXTugP65F/satellite/

quad_quazy
03-31-2004, 08:49 PM
XM is the $hit. there are 100 channels and all the music channels are comertial free. There are 70 different music channels and if you can't find one you like you are a picky SOB. There are also sports channels, news, comedy.

I travel at least 100mi to get to most races and you can be out in the middle of nowhere and still have your channels. I have had mine a year and haven't had to buy a single CD sense. It is only $9.95/mo and the new generation ones you don't have to hook up a single wire. You stick the magnetic antenea on the roof and plug in the cigerete plug and it uses your cars wiring as the FM signal interuptor. All's you do is tune into a certain channel on your radio and your listening. If you travel out of radio area's, live in the boon docks with no good radio stations, or just hate commercials I highly recomend it.

blondie69
03-31-2004, 08:57 PM
Wow!!! I have never heard of that! That's awesome!:macho Whever I get a car...I'm gonna have to get that!

bluebaron
03-31-2004, 10:32 PM
if i get xm, should i get a in dash, or the tuner thing, or what?

Disaster
03-31-2004, 11:10 PM
Well i think dash looks more finished then the rest of the ones they do....But me i like Sirus....

Jellyrolls
04-01-2004, 01:16 PM
I have been thinking of getting it how much is the reciever and having it installed????

XANDADA
04-01-2004, 02:59 PM
I've had xm radio for about a year now. I'ts incredible and I haven't touched a traditional radio tuner since. I have the unit that can go from car to home stereo, you just plug it in.

remlapr
04-02-2004, 11:51 AM
What about indoors? I've seen the comercials, but how well do they really work? If I could buy one that would work while I'm here at work it would probably be worth it because I listen to music all day.

seatec
04-02-2004, 11:53 AM
We rcently got the Sirius version of sattelite Radio and it work pretty good. We do have to move the antenna around sometimes to get in view of the sattleite. its kind of tight where i live inbetween the buildings. cool channels though

XANDADA
04-02-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
What about indoors? I've seen the comercials, but how well do they really work? If I could buy one that would work while I'm here at work it would probably be worth it because I listen to music all day.

Mine don't work for chit indoors unless you move the little antena thing (which is on a 20ft. cord) to the nearest south facing window, then there's no problem what so ever. In the car I never have problems unless I'm driving in downtown cleveland through all the high rises.