PDA

View Full Version : just a question

atvdude
03-31-2004, 07:53 PM
I own 2 -250r's and a 400ex. Love my R's. the one thing i like about having a four stroke is being able to keep it in one gear in the tight woods. with the 2 strokes there is a lot of shifting to keep it in the powerband inwich when racing harescambles gets very tiring!! with my 400ex i can keep it in 2nd and slow right down for a tight turn and never have to shift to first. and it will still pull hard in second (bottom end power) with out the motor chugging. Just last night i had my first chance to try a friends 450r in the woods. this is what i thought- It has very responsive steering and braking,Felt top heavy/tippsy,And i tried to keep it in second in short tight turns and the motor would not pull hard but would chatter and i had to shift into first(kinda like a 2 stroke). My question is - Does changing gearing relieve this or is the new motor just take some getting used too or is there differant mods that would alow you to lug the motor down in 2nd and still have it pulll hard not having to shift back and forth like a 2 stroke? Is this just the way these new fourstoke high rev motors are or does the yammy have better wood motor power? I have never ridden a yammy yet. Any quality input would be much appreciated .

CatMostFeared
04-01-2004, 03:23 AM
It seems to me the YFZ450 and the 450r like mid to upper range rpm. 400ex and Raptors likes to lug it low.:macho