PDA

View Full Version : Wheel spacers

blasterkiller14
03-31-2004, 07:29 PM
I know that using wheel spacers on the front of a quad is "stupid" and doesnt improve handling, but I was wondering if it would hurt to put them on the rear (i dont feel like buying another axle)? I know that you shouldnt put them on the rear with the stock axle and stuff because it creates more leverage on the axle, but I have a durablue X-33(stock length) axle and aftermarket swingarm, shock and tapered bearing carrier. Its just that my front is wider than the rear by about 3 inches becaue of +2 a-arms.

PhilMoore
03-31-2004, 09:03 PM
I snapped a Durablue X-33 on a jump I had cleared many times with my stock axle. My stock axle never bent, I still have it, but I wanted to go wider and have a fancy chrome axle. I swapped the X-33 for a Eliminator, which hasn't bent or broke yet. If you run spacers on the X-33 and it breaks, don't tell Gary when you call for "warranty" replacement! :o

I have had good and bad luck with axle spacers.

I bent a 350X axle on a 2" Poplar tree when I clipped it on the side of the trail.:rolleyes:

I ran spacers on my Blaster for years, and it still has the stock axle. However, it is my wifes quad now. She dosn't abuse it too much... (except maybe the clutch):blah:

300exPat
04-01-2004, 04:17 PM
durablue spacers have probably been the best thing ive done for my 300, it improves handling ALOT and i havnt had any problems yet, ive been getting atleast 5 feet of air and there still holding up

nacs400ex
04-01-2004, 05:10 PM
:o, I wouldnt continue jumping your quad like that with those spacers. I made the same mistake and it bent the wheel studs :(