PDA

View Full Version : Ballance's YFZ 450

Bill_Ballance
03-31-2004, 07:10 PM
For some of you guys wanting to know how I feel about the new Yamaha-- It is with out a doubt the best quad I have ever pulled to the starting line on thus far. Some of you have asked how it compares to the two strokes I have been riding and my honest opinion is I like the YFZ more. The power delivery from bottom to top is better than any of the two stroke modified engines that I have ever rode. As of right now the handling on the quad is ever bit as good and in some ways better than my past two stroke after market chassis. I have to admit there are a few things that need to be tweaked and worked with- the bump steer had to be worked out, which I did with the help of Mike Hallock, with the new ARS/FX front end components. Most tweaking was basic and boiled down to figuring out how the suspension needed to be.:cool: :cool:

Thanks
B. Ballance

MOFO
03-31-2004, 07:12 PM
Very cool to get your opinion on the YFZ!!! I have to agree, it seems that 4 stroke technology has caught up to two stroke performance...

Good luck with your season!!

Pappy
03-31-2004, 07:15 PM
I know this is Brandon , but it shows the a arms Bill is refering too.

And thanks for filling us in :D

TRX250X
03-31-2004, 07:52 PM
Awesome to hear your opinion. Have you had a chance to personally compare the yammie to the honda yet?

Tommy 17
03-31-2004, 08:05 PM
bill i gotta ask...

is there a reason for the handguards where the lights go or is it just for looks...

Woodsrider
03-31-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
bill i gotta ask...

is there a reason for the handguards where the lights go or is it just for looks...

Them are "eye lids" for protecting the lights:D

I was thinking the same thing,......... handguards?:huh

Cody_300ex
03-31-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
Them are "eye lids" for protecting the lights:D

I was thinking the same thing,......... handguards?:huh

I think it looks pretty trick!!

Wingnut
03-31-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Bill_Ballance
the bump steer had to be worked outThanks
B. Ballance

I've heard several pros say that. What kind of bump steer are you talking about? I know some people refer the toe changing as the shock compresses as bump steer and others are talking about the tendency to steer in the direction of a rock or root that a front tire hits. I can't say that I've noticed it either way, but I'm curious which it is.

user101
03-31-2004, 10:01 PM
i still havent got used to seeing these pros on the website. i think its pretty cool that these guy actually get on here.

lol i kinda sound like a 12 year old school girl:eek:

Ryan
03-31-2004, 10:13 PM
Good news about the YFZ....

Bill, Yamaha didn't put you up to this, did they? :mad: ;) ;)

Merriman
03-31-2004, 10:22 PM
I thought they put the hand guards there to protect the wiring components from all the rocks and debris......

Disaster
03-31-2004, 11:05 PM
Well i better go test a YFZ then....

CatMostFeared
04-01-2004, 03:44 AM
Here's good look at those a-arms.
I hard a guy from Axis makes these.
http://www.arsfx.net/arfx-main-image.jpg

CatMostFeared
04-01-2004, 03:46 AM
Bill are running stock gearing and how do you like the ride with the tire balls?:cool: