PDA

View Full Version : My First Race is coming

Out_Sider
03-31-2004, 06:27 PM
this saturday will be my first mx race!! im soooo excited about it. But can yall give me some tips on racing, like how to block, and stuff etc.? i need all, and any advice u have, because i want to make a big impression on some of the sponsors that will be there :p ;) lol. thanx

darrell

THEbluYFZ450
03-31-2004, 06:49 PM
good luck, my advise, go fast and don't crash

mxraptor71
03-31-2004, 07:22 PM
Heres a tip: never coast

beak7707
03-31-2004, 07:39 PM
Just go out and ride, dont try to over ride. Go for the holeshot and dont look back!!

Lil - Braff
03-31-2004, 09:15 PM
Just go really really fast, and when something gets in the way, turn! lol Don't look back and just ride hard! Good luck!

Out_Sider
04-01-2004, 08:31 PM
yea, i've been viewing the "flash Lap" of the track on the internet, so i got a good idea at what the track looks like, and all that. the track doesnt look to difficult so i think i can do farely well. but the competition is usually pretty tuff, but im with 14 and 15 year old riders so they are my age. i just hope that all the practicing ive been doin will have been enuff... the bad thing is i wont have my +3's on in time..i just got them today, but i dont have any brake lines..:rolleyes: wish me luck on saturday..be thinkin of OutSider around 11 am :p

Rrider4life8
04-02-2004, 01:36 PM
are you racing at strawberry hill?????????? that track is bad ars and i think my friend dallas is going with his 450r.

theTman
04-02-2004, 01:47 PM
good luck.... i wish i could race......

Out_Sider
04-02-2004, 08:38 PM
well, this sucks...today my dad said i couldnt race because i got my arms and stuff and he wants that stuff on before i race it..but now im goin to be soooo far behind in points that it doesnt even matter anymore :(

James Parent
04-03-2004, 09:05 AM
good luck! your race is today but everyone tells me their be hard on the gas or hard on the brakes, don't roll into corners, attack them

bansheerider_13
04-03-2004, 10:24 AM
i really wouldnt worry about the point just yet if its only the first race of the year alot of poeple wont run the whole serise and remember your its always a learning experence so just go out try your best and dont over ride

Out_Sider
04-05-2004, 11:17 PM
well, hopefully i'll make this next race coming up..its at a place called Parker Valley. its in North Carolina so its about a 3 hour drive...but its worth it :macho .

03400EX_Nacs
04-07-2004, 05:28 PM
my first this is THIS saturday... i am so pump just thinking about it gets my heart beating hard.. i have only rode at this track once and that was yesterday but i think i still beat all the other begginers. the main thing i am worried about is the holeshot :(

Out_Sider
04-11-2004, 07:42 AM
yeah, yesterday was the second race of the series, and i finished 7th out of 10 riders. so its not good, but it could have been worse. BUt w/ riding w/ bent bars, and a bent stem..i guess i didnt do to bad, but theres really no excuses. BUt in practice my chain fell off, and in the first moto my chain fell off!! then in the main i was so timid about the chain falling off, i kind of went 1/2 to 3/4 speed, which was almost dangerous because the bigger class that started beind us, were all catching up to us, but me and this decked Z400 (his name is Ross) were goin at it and then all of a sudden i looked back and i couldnt see him..well he got caught up on a rut, because he tried goin on the outside of me, and went right into the dirtbike rut. but even though im disapointed in myself for not going hard, and really trying...im happy that nothing went wrong. but the next race, im gonna be goin "Balls to the Walls" so watch out!! :devil:

Out_Sider
04-11-2004, 07:46 AM
BTW Rrider4life8 dallas wasnt there!!! i was looking all over for him and his 450r, but he wasnt there! there was this girl and her brother both on 450r's, and they gave that quad a BAAD name! will dallas be there at the next race at parker valley? because i want to meet him in person

AtvMxRider
04-11-2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
i finished 7th out of 10 riders. so its not good,

You finished the race didn't you? Everybody can't win thier 1st race. You just have to improve on your results every week.

Out_Sider
04-11-2004, 08:05 AM
yeah, you're right, but i had really high expectations. i mean, i just wish everything would have went smooth during the practice and the first moto because then i would have known the track a lil better, and wouldnt of been timid about my chain

Rrider4life8
04-11-2004, 08:35 PM
hey, those guys are fast man. Did Norman on the YFz #81 lap you???? He really flies around there. Dallas raced at foggy bottom but my friend on a craptor raced. #6 , real tiny kid. The first race is always a good experience. I hope to meet you at the track so we can talk and all that good stuff.

andrew

Out_Sider
04-13-2004, 06:15 PM
yea, he has a black/white raptor doesnt he? i talked to him after the race. i told him i met you on exriders. ha. but i'll definatly be at parker valley next weekend. im pulling out a few tricks from under my sleeve for the 300 :cool: so im definatly expecting to do better, and i'll be riding as hard, and as fast as i can. but everyone up there had decked out quads! i was kind of embarressed when i pulled up to the starting gate w/ my old stock looking 300 :o but hopefully the special stuff will arrive and i wont have to worry about problems with the quad breaking. lol. but see you there in 2 weeks! hopefully!

stonerider250x
04-13-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
yea, he has a black/white raptor doesnt he? i talked to him after the race. i told him i met you on exriders. ha. but i'll definatly be at parker valley next weekend. im pulling out a few tricks from under my sleeve for the 300 :cool: so im definatly expecting to do better, and i'll be riding as hard, and as fast as i can. but everyone up there had decked out quads! i was kind of embarressed when i pulled up to the starting gate w/ my old stock looking 300 :o but hopefully the special stuff will arrive and i wont have to worry about problems with the quad breaking. lol. but see you there in 2 weeks! hopefully!

man i cant wait to go back neither. that track was awesome! hopefully u wont have no problems with tha 300 this time tho.:macho

roostin_dale
04-13-2004, 06:53 PM
what class you racin?

dont worry about the bad finish...My first MX race i finished ahead of 3 riders....

This year i have only been to 6 races so far...I won 4 of them, 3rd in one, and 6th in one after a DNF in the first moto...
Dont expect much your first year out, just nail the throttle and have a blast:D The main thing is to have fun, if your doing that then your one of the best racers out there;)

Rrider4life8
04-13-2004, 08:05 PM
man those breaker bumps are killer, especially going up the hill to the big table top ...... and the turn right after the holeshot

I heard justin norman wrecked his #81 YFZ .... endowed it like 15 times. I dont know when I will be able to race. Were selling the R and i think I want a YFZ, not sure tho.

Yea all those ex's out there are pimped man. I told u that silver one is fast fast fast

andrew